Kim69

Advice Pls. Lower Abdominal Pain And Nausea Worse In Morning.

Rate this topic

Hi guys. My Drs are clueless. Perhaps you have an idea why 1 year post diagnosis I still have the following annoying symptoms. Or is it just a matter of healing?

- morning nausea, lower abdominal pain, don't want to eat breakfast.

I have serious issues with food (as I imagine lots of you do). I am 1 yr gluten-free. I have negative blood work now. So no issues with cc. I am on a low FODMAP diet. I have consulted 3 times with the dietitians who work at the sue shepherd clinic who has pioneered research into fructose malabsorption. I have recently gone lactose free (3 weeks ago). I also react really badly to certain foods like champagne, bananas and avocados. And eggy, fatty things like real homemade mayo. I am a wannabe vegan so I eat meat and other animal products under sufferance for my health.

I have a fear of food and am seeing a therapist who is helping me cope. She is brilliant! My gastroenterologist diagnosed me with dumping syndrome which is where food passes through your stomach too quickly. He told me to eat like a cow and graze. And not to drink with meals. I now believe that the test results where flawed because I had just begun a new antidepressant (and he didn't know). It was a real bummer to be given yet more rules to live by though! It took me a month to realize that the test was probably a waste of time.

I have recently stopped eating the nightshade group - potatoes, tomatoes.

So I still have lots of gas seemingly regardless of what I eat. I wake up every morning feeling Nauseas, weak and disinterested in food. My naturopath, dr, therapist and gastro all tell me I should eat breakfast. But why? When everything I eat makes me feel worse! By 10 am I am improved. I still have pain and gas but I don't feel Nauseas. I sleep 9 hrs a night but am in bed (reading) for 11 because I am so tired. Lately I am feeling even worse and have taken to lying down in the afternoon whenever I can. I am on holiday at the moment and I am scared of how I will feel when I get back to work next week. But I guess that is another topic!

Ps my aunt died from motor neurone disease where she was fed via a feeding tube for the last year of her life. I think I have mental issues with a fear of becoming like her since my body can't seem to cope with food.

So any ideas or anyone else feel the same? Morning sickness without being pregnant. Is it all in my head?

Hi guys. My Drs are clueless. Perhaps you have an idea why 1 year post diagnosis I still have the following annoying symptoms. Or is it just a matter of healing?

- morning nausea, lower abdominal pain, don't want to eat breakfast.

I have serious issues with food (as I imagine lots of you do). I am 1 yr gluten-free. I have negative blood work now. So no issues with cc. I am on a low FODMAP diet. I have consulted 3 times with the dietitians who work at the sue shepherd clinic who has pioneered research into fructose malabsorption. I have recently gone lactose free (3 weeks ago). I also react really badly to certain foods like champagne, bananas and avocados. And eggy, fatty things like real homemade mayo. I am a wannabe vegan so I eat meat and other animal products under sufferance for my health.

I have a fear of food and am seeing a therapist who is helping me cope. She is brilliant! My gastroenterologist diagnosed me with dumping syndrome which is where food passes through your stomach too quickly. He told me to eat like a cow and graze. And not to drink with meals. I now believe that the test results where flawed because I had just begun a new antidepressant (and he didn't know). It was a real bummer to be given yet more rules to live by though! It took me a month to realize that the test was probably a waste of time.

So I still have lots of gas seemingly regardless of what I eat. I wake up every morning feeling Nauseas, weak and disinterested in food. My naturopath, dr, therapist and gastro all tell me I should eat breakfast. But why? When everything I eat makes me feel worse! By 10 am I am improved. I still have pain and gas but I don't feel Nauseas. I sleep 9 hrs a night but am in bed (reading) for 11 because I am so tired. Lately I am feeling even worse and have taken to lying down in the afternoon whenever I can. I am on holiday at the moment and I am scared of how I will feel when I get back to work next week. But I guess that is another topic!

Ps my aunt died from motor neurone disease where she was fed via a feeding tube for the last year of her life. I think I have mental issues with a fear of becoming like her since my body can't seem to cope with food.

So any ideas or anyone else feel the same? Morning sickness without being pregnant. Is it all in my head?

Hi!

I would like to ask you what are you eating day before and when? If you eat your dinner, snack very late than you can have reaction from that in the morning. Over night our digestion will slow down.

What test doctor gave you for dumping syndrome? I’m asking because my first Gastroenterologist suggested that I might have it year ago, but dismissed because I never had any surgery on my stomach.

I have all the symptoms of dumping syndrome. With dumping syndrome you need to eat very small portions of food during day and drink ½ hour or hour later. There are two types of dumping syndrome: immediate and late -after 1-3 hours later after food.

It can cause gas, bloating, nausea, problems with blood pressure -low which mean very strong fatigue.

Actually blood pressure can be up and down which can cause problems with dizziness.

If you have dumping syndrome that you should avoid sugar, carbohydrates, and fat. This will speed up stomach emptying. I’m eating them, but in very little amounts. And also hot and cold will give you problems too.

Fructose intolerance. I have that. There is test for that: breathing hydrogen test, or you can just see for your self. Eat apple and if you will have bloating, gas after 2-3 hours, you have it. With fructose intolerance we are allowed to eat only berries, small apricot, peach, or citrus fruit, but I react to those. Everything else will give us gas, bloating, even diarrhea.

One more thing that I would like to mention is that I also had SIBO- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth. I had test for that. It was same breathing hydrogen test, but they gave me to drink different liquid before test.

It was positive for me. If you have this, than can make you not wanting to eat anything. It will also give you gas, bloating with every meal. You will react very badly to sugary things and fat. My doctor gave me two antibiotics to take twice a day for two weeks. I felt much better after that.

There is one more thing that I want to mention. Did you by any chance had Gastritis? This will make you for sure not want to eat anything. I had that also. I felt full, I didn’t wanted to eat anything, even water was making me sick. After few bites I was full and nauseas.

I hope I gave you some ideas to look into and I hope that you will find the answers to your problem very soon.

I remembered something. People can have fear of eating with dumping syndrom (I have that) because they know that food will make them sick. They would avoid eating just to feel better.

I'm going through something similar right now. I just had EGD done. I'm waiting for the biopsy results, but my doc showed me the pics and I had visible irritation in my stomach. I'm also waiting for a gallbladder function scan, since gallbladder disease is rampant in my family. I'm only 29, so at first my GP wanted to rule out gallbladder disease, but considering my family history and symptoms, it became a possibility.

I understand your fear of eating, too. I find myself going as long as I possibly can before I eat because I know that once I eat, I'll feel gross. Which is so bad, I know. I wake up hungry most mornings, but drink water or coffee just to put something other than food in my stomach. I usually end up taking a bite of something here and there, which keeps it from being so bad.

I was feeling a little better, but ate breakfast this morning and now my stomach is feeling gross. bleh! I remember a time in my life when I just ate and moved on. I'm trying to get back to that place.

Good luck! I'll let you know what they found with me, maybe it'll help with your search. :)

Thanks guys. I am booked for the sibo breath test in a few weeks. I am also getting a stool test done - very expensive $495!

For the past two days I have avoided breakfast (i had coffee) and I feel so much better!

For dinner I eat at around 6.30 pm. I then end up in bed about an hour later. It's an interesting point. Maybe I should make the effort to go for a short walk after dinner even though I am tired.

I didn't have gastritis. The dumping syndrome was diagnosed with a food / X-ray test. I know I have fructose malabsorption - that's why I am on the low FODMAP diet.

Ps chocolate calms my stomach :)

Peppers and eggplant are also nightshades that bother people. Just wanted to mention that since you didn't list them. Sweet potatoes are different and are probably ok for you.

Thanks for mentioning eggplant and peppers. I couldnt recall them when writing the post. Luckily I don't like eggplant, but I am still eating cooked peppers which apparently don't have as much effect as raw.

Am a bit upset today because at a restaurant for lunch they Couldn't cook me plain potato (or provide any carbohydrate like rice) because the lunch chef 'doesn't do them'. I had a piece of chicken with overcooked rubbery vegetables in lieu of fries (which had gluten). I ended up in tears in the bathroom - it doesn't take much to set me off.

My teenage kids were telling me off for being grumpy and for making lunch unpleasant and my husband was telling me that "lunch doesn't have to be a battle". All right for them but they arent the ones who can't eat most normal food, are upset at eating animals and they aren't sick and tired of being given salad without the dressing because it may have gluten in it. Thanks for letting me rant!

On a positive note, we are having dinner at a thai place and I know I can get a really tasty pad thai.