This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

My Story.: Step One Or Something Like That

RL2011

sb2178 Enthusiast

Green's is good, and worth the $$. It's very much like the Belgian ales (Chimay and the like) that were my favorites. First one I've tried, as I love a good dry cider.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

RL2011 Rookie

More rambling about my gluten-free journey:

In the past 12 days I have not consumed any gluten. I noticed the past few nights that I have not slept much and while I have problems getting out of bed I have not felt totally exhausted during the day. Hope this doesn't last too long or I will have to run across the country like Forest Gump.

I have not been eating all that much (except for the evil cookies I made in the middle of the night the night before last) and continue to feel a little bloated. Not sure what to expect next regarding my energy level and my mood.

Last night I met a few friends out at a bar/ restaurant and while they ate I just had a glass of water and a Patron on the rocks. I imagine that eating out is going to be my biggest challenge. While I know that my gluten-free diet change with still drinking a little bit of tequila or wine is probably not wise for my gut I will not change that unless I see it causes further harm. I guess we all vary slightly in how we react to certain things physically or mentally beyond the certainty of the common immunological response to gluten.

I know that I will continue to kick this gluten diet stuff in the ass and that I will have a few setbacks along the way. All in all...I have continued to feel better day by day and as of this day my brain fog is pretty much gone.

My gluten-free life moves on...

notme Experienced

More rambling about my gluten-free journey:

In the past 12 days I have not consumed any gluten. I noticed the past few nights that I have not slept much and while I have problems getting out of bed I have not felt totally exhausted during the day. Hope this doesn't last too long or I will have to run across the country like Forest Gump.

I have not been eating all that much (except for the evil cookies I made in the middle of the night the night before last) and continue to feel a little bloated. Not sure what to expect next regarding my energy level and my mood.

Last night I met a few friends out at a bar/ restaurant and while they ate I just had a glass of water and a Patron on the rocks. I imagine that eating out is going to be my biggest challenge. While I know that my gluten-free diet change with still drinking a little bit of tequila or wine is probably not wise for my gut I will not change that unless I see it causes further harm. I guess we all vary slightly in how we react to certain things physically or mentally beyond the certainty of the common immunological response to gluten.

I know that I will continue to kick this gluten diet stuff in the ass and that I will have a few setbacks along the way. All in all...I have continued to feel better day by day and as of this day my brain fog is pretty much gone.

My gluten-free life moves on...

your sleep will even out :) it goes with the 'withdrawal' - try eating 'plain' - when i first started i did the same thing (not eat much)(ok. nothing lol) then i was amazed at what *didn't* make me sick. i was blaming an awful lot of foods for what turned out to be gluten. then i was like a bottomless pit - hungry, starving! - like every two hours. i pack a snack bag every time i leave the house. i was 5'8" and weighed 97 lbs. in 8 months i have put on 20+ lbs and haven't gone up a clothing size - all muscle replenishment. and butt lol now my pants stay up hahahahaaa you have an awesome attitude, btw - i don't know how the 'meek' deal with this...

RL2011 Rookie

your sleep will even out :) it goes with the 'withdrawal' - try eating 'plain' - when i first started i did the same thing (not eat much)(ok. nothing lol) then i was amazed at what *didn't* make me sick. i was blaming an awful lot of foods for what turned out to be gluten. then i was like a bottomless pit - hungry, starving! - like every two hours. i pack a snack bag every time i leave the house. i was 5'8" and weighed 97 lbs. in 8 months i have put on 20+ lbs and haven't gone up a clothing size - all muscle replenishment. and butt lol now my pants stay up hahahahaaa you have an awesome attitude, btw - i don't know how the 'meek' deal with this...

Thanks for your kind words and since you are not single you are banned from describing how nice your butt is. LOL :)

color-me-confused Explorer

Hey Jersey Girl! I have tried Redbridge and do not find it refreshing and crisp. The beer I have always liked are Heineken, Corona, Coors, and Guinness. If I cannot find a gluten-free beer similar to say Heineken Lite then I will look for a partner and buy or start a small craft brewery and do it myself.

Do you still live in NJ?

I know someone who is attempting to brew a gluten free IPA. He's an experienced brewer, I am looking forward to the results!

RL2011 Rookie

I know someone who is attempting to brew a gluten free IPA. He's an experienced brewer, I am looking forward to the results!

I would be interested in the end results of his efforts. We need some very good gluten-free beer!

RL2011 Rookie

I am not the best at following my own advice but why is it that I see/ hear many people faced with changes to their diet from celiac disease or gluten intolerance that they try to duplicate the poor diet they had before by eating gluten-free junk food/ deserts.

I had some gluten-free ice cream yesterday and made myself a promise that I will only allow one dessert per week for myself. I started and will continue to only eat basic whole foods and try to stay away from processed or junk foods except for my one a week dessert.

I am not trying to be mean to anyone here i just don't think all the talk about comfort foods is a good idea. I plan to eat minimal foods to sustain my life and not eat for social or other mental reasons.

I apologize in advance if my comments were too harsh for anyone.

I was going to post this in another thread but I did not want to offend...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived