ruca55

Suspect Fructose Intolerance

Rate this topic

I am beging to suspect Iay have a fructose intolerance. Had my biopsy a couple weeks ago (no follow up appt yet). Since the biopsy I have for the most part cut out gluten. I tried to have a pretzel the other day and I got an instant headache. I have also mostly cut all meat and dairy. Had my gallbladder out a couple of months ago, so it hard to tell what's working and what's not. Anyway, I do eat a ton of fruit. My weight is down lower that it's been in a long time, but I look pregnant! This is leading to the fructose suspicion. Does anyone have any input here? IfI cut out friut, I don't have a whole lot left to eat!

I am beging to suspect Iay have a fructose intolerance. Had my biopsy a couple weeks ago (no follow up appt yet). Since the biopsy I have for the most part cut out gluten. I tried to have a pretzel the other day and I got an instant headache. I have also mostly cut all meat and dairy. Had my gallbladder out a couple of months ago, so it hard to tell what's working and what's not. Anyway, I do eat a ton of fruit. My weight is down lower that it's been in a long time, but I look pregnant! This is leading to the fructose suspicion. Does anyone have any input here? IfI cut out friut, I don't have a whole lot left to eat!

Hun no offense but what the heck are you eating? You need protien, you need vitamins, you need nutrients :(

You may just have to keep the meat. What about veggies and rice?

There are low fructose fruits and i'm sure there are some without it.

There are actually quote a few good gluten free vegan cookbooks. I mainly eat friut for breakfast. I make 3 or 4 recipes on a Sunday and use them for lunch and dinner with salads. Snack on raisins, nuts, Lara bars and fresh fruit. I do have an occasional Ice cream with the kids. Quinoa is a great protien source. At this point I was just trying to get away from all of the antibiotics, pesticides and hormones that animals are fed. Once I get to feeling better maybe I'll buy organic and eat meat sometimes, right now I'm just trying to eat as clean as possible. I know nothing about a fructose problem. So I was wondering if there were "levels" , like you said maybe some fruits that would be ok?

Sorry I don't have time for a full explanation, but here's been a few posts about fructose problems recently, so if you search for fructose or FODMAP you will find some previous posts. FODMAPs are a larger category of poorly absorbed sugars that include fructose.

There are a range of fruits and vegetables that are low in fructose, and people have varying amounts of fructose they can tolerate. If you want to find out more the best place to start is a yahoo group called 'fructose malabsorption Australia', and and work by Sue Shepard, Jacqui Barrett and Peter Gibson. They are researchers in Australia that test foods for their fructose and FODMAP levels, so their research is the most reliable out there.

Sorry I don't have time for a full explanation, but here's been a few posts about fructose problems recently, so if you search for fructose or FODMAP you will find some previous posts. FODMAPs are a larger category of poorly absorbed sugars that include fructose.

There are a range of fruits and vegetables that are low in fructose, and people have varying amounts of fructose they can tolerate. If you want to find out more the best place to start is a yahoo group called 'fructose malabsorption Australia', and and work by Sue Shepard, Jacqui Barrett and Peter Gibson. They are researchers in Australia that test foods for their fructose and FODMAP levels, so their research is the most reliable out there.

Thank you!