rgarton

Odd Aching, Anyone Else? Oh And Raised Tattoos

Rate this topic

Okay i've been gluten-free since end of January this year. I initially went to the doctor last year because i had a very odd aching, its right of my belly button but its exactly 4inches across then 3 inches up (checked with a tape measure :)).

She kept checking for appendicitis but obviously your appendix isn't there so she basically shrugged her shoulders... so needless to say i changed doctors and my new doctor found out all my celiacness but still doesn't know why i get an ache there. Its not all the time its just occasionally.

So i was wondering what you guys thought? Whether anyone else has this odd aching here and found out why? Or even if you have this odd aching and have a theory!

Oh and on another topic, I am heavily tattooed, my arms in particular, yesterday morning i leant on the table where my partners son had eaten muesli (not gluten-free) and all the ink in my tattoos raised up, it was very odd! Only the ink part, the lines of my tattoo! Anyone else get this?!

I get that on my tattoo on the back of my neck.. The first time it happened was about a year after I got it. I had put on a new shirt at a concert and spent a lot of time siting in the sun. Since then, I have noticed it happens most if it gets much sun or has clothes tags rubbing on it. I can't say 100 percent that's it, though. It's very annoying and worries me a bit. It's on the darkest lines mostly the blacks and blues. My artist was extremely reputable.

Having had a number of injuries during my life I found that sometimes when my body was healing I sometimes felt worse in some areas after the major healing was well underway. It is sort of like when you injure your back and your back muscles tighten to act as a splint to stop your back movement so the back can heal. Once the back heals you find your back muscles are all tight and need to be stretched. The same thing happens when your core body temperature drops as result of hypothermia. Your body cuts or slows blood flow to your extremities.

What I am trying to say is maybe your body is now healing in secondary areas now that your intestinal villi are getting better. I am not a doctor. I would ask your doctor if that might be happening here. I don't know you so this might be just grasping at a long shot.

I hope you find the reason for your odd aches.

Wish you well!

Richard

Having had a number of injuries during my life I found that sometimes when my body was healing I sometimes felt worse in some areas after the major healing was well underway. It is sort of like when you injure your back and your back muscles tighten to act as a splint to stop your back movement so the back can heal. Once the back heals you find your back muscles are all tight and need to be stretched. The same thing happens when your core body temperature drops as result of hypothermia. Your body cuts or slows blood flow to your extremities.

What I am trying to say is maybe your body is now healing in secondary areas now that your intestinal villi are getting better. I am not a doctor. I would ask your doctor if that might be happening here. I don't know you so this might be just grasping at a long shot.

I hope you find the reason for your odd aches.

Wish you well!

Richard

Thanks, it actually makes sense, i will ask my doctor again just to double check, but i think it could be a result of holding myself in a certain way whilst my lower abdomen was going through healing... thanks again!

Is it near your ribcage? Could it be your gallbladder? I actually had my gallbladder removed but I will get pain there now if I am glutened.

As for the tattoos, mine occassionally raise up in the outlines/black parts. Sometimes for no real reason. No clue what that is about. I'd say anything that causes inflammation in the body could cause it.

On the other hand, I've never had problems with my tattoo - It's been there for 13 years.

My tats tend to raise up with inflammation or as another poster said if I get a great deal of sun on them. It is usually just the black outline that raises. They were raised a lot before I was diagnosed but that rarely happens now. If it is a red area that raises you may have an allergy to the red ink. I worked as a receptionist in a shop at one time and the artist when she did one for me advised me not to get red as that is the color most likely for folks to develop an allergy to.

Maybe taking a look at the illustration of innards on the top right side of this page will help you narrow it down. I think it sounds like the gall bladder area from your description.

That whole page is worth a read, as it has info on the villi and other neat stuff we need to digest and absorb food.

Kimballs Biology Pages The Human GI Tract

My tats tend to raise up with inflammation or as another poster said if I get a great deal of sun on them. It is usually just the black outline that raises. They were raised a lot before I was diagnosed but that rarely happens now. If it is a red area that raises you may have an allergy to the red ink. I worked as a receptionist in a shop at one time and the artist when she did one for me advised me not to get red as that is the color most likely for folks to develop an allergy to.

Yeha all my tattoos are black and grey no red luckily, ive also heard that about red ink, my friend had most of his back in red and it took months to heal instead of weeks! I was just curious, its just the lines and it doesn't itch or anything. :) Thanks guys!

Maybe taking a look at the illustration of innards on the top right side of this page will help you narrow it down. I think it sounds like the gall bladder area from your description.

That whole page is worth a read, as it has info on the villi and other neat stuff we need to digest and absorb food.

Kimballs Biology Pages The Human GI Tract

Thanks for the link, its really interesting! I had no idea where half the stuff in your body is! Yeah it does seem likely my gallbladder, but i spoke to my doctor and she thinks its a little low for my gallbladder, she thinks its my large intestine, well the beginning of it... She said after the years of not knowing i was coeliac and my fast digestive tract that that part of my intestine might just be very prone to aggravation, including if i do exercise! Sheeesh like we dont have enough to worry about! Thanks I'll be reading that page anyway! Thanks again. x