Rate this topic

hi to all,

ok here is my problem i have celiac for 3.5 years i am 45 years old,follow gluten free eating to a T. once a month i get light colored and clay like stool then its goes away it can last a couple of days. i have had 2 abdominal ultra sounds to check liver gallbladder common bile ducts and head of pancreaes all clear and blood work is fine.go figure,this has also happened before my diagnoses with celiac.but i think its getting worse with my age.

any thoughts would be great thank you

Hi kryptonite. Check out my post about gastrointestinal function profile. This test may provide useful data for a suitably trained clinician able to interpret the results. The test costs about $465 so it isn't cheap. If you have no other symptoms it's probably something not worth worrying about.

Hi kryptonite. Check out my post about gastrointestinal function profile. This test may provide useful data for a suitably trained clinician able to interpret the results. The test costs about $465 so it isn't cheap. If you have no other symptoms it's probably something not worth worrying about.

hi kim69, thanks for your reply, i will look that up, otherwise yes thats the only thing that i have going on is the light colored and clay like stools,and lots os of gas. would digestive enzymes help at all.

any other thoughts would be great thanks for all of your time

hi kim69, thanks for your reply, i will look that up, otherwise yes thats the only thing that i have going on is the light colored and clay like stools,and lots os of gas. would digestive enzymes help at all.

any other thoughts would be great thanks for all of your time

does anyone have any ideas for what i can do help this out,thanks again this is a great place for info if your new on the block. :) sorry for the double post.

does anyone have any ideas for what i can do help this out,thanks again this is a great place for info if your new on the block. :) sorry for the double post.

I have had "blonde" stools for awhile. I took one of these digestive functions test using stool analysis and it showed I have no detectable bile acids in the stool.

Typically too much bile acid in stool is not a good thing, but there should be some detectable amounts.

my nutritional doctor said that only a HIDA scan can test to see if your gallbladder is contracting enough bile salts to aid in the digestion of fat and protein. If your "ejection fraction" as they call it is below 50 per cent then you could have a non performing or malfunctioning gallbladder. Sonograms of the liver and gallbladder are not a functional test, they just tell you if the organ itself looks normal.

My nutrionist suggested that I squeeze a lemon wedge into hot water every morning to get my gallbladder going. I am also taking a digestive enzyme with bile salts and HCL. In addition I take a liver and gallbladder supplement that contains beet extracts and milk thistle. Adding beets to your diet is a great way to cleanse the liver etc.

just some ideas if any of it helps...