Calmom

Rash Doesn't Itch. Still Related To Celiacs?

Rate this topic

When I talked to my dr. about it, he only mention rashes being on the elbows and knees. My rash is on one elbow and on my ankles. I read that some of you have it on the ankles, but when I should it to my dr. he said he didn't think the ones on my ankles were related but neither confirmed or denied the one on my elbow. The rashes don't itch at all. They are thick and are extremely rough, like sand paper. I have tried everything to make them go away. From creams and lotions to herb pack and tea tree oil. I have exfoliated to the point that they were bleeding, nothing works. Its extremely annoying because it fabric sticks to it almost like Velcro. The weird thing is I have very oily acne prone skin, so the dry patches make no sense.

I had a rash that spread all across my stomach, down my hips, up under my arms and I even had a patch across my forehead. It didn't itch and nothing made it go away. It disappeared after 4 days gluten free. So just because it doesn't conform to the typical gluten rash doesn't mean it's not a gluten reaction.

I itched like mad and had small red sores on my scalp,face, forehead, but it was not DH. I used all the stuff you mention here, too with no luck. Creamed myself silly. :unsure: My legs and feet itched and I had split cracked heels. My scalp was one big rash ---red and it Peeled!! My hair fell out. It was ugly.

All better since I went gluten-free. Except when I am accidentally glutened. And my hair is still struggling to grow back in, but the rashes are gone.

You can have all sorts of skin issues with this. This is from "300 symptoms of Celiac"...

Integumentary System Symptoms

Disorders of skin, hair, and nails.

* Alopecia Areata (Patches of hair loss)

* Alopecia, Diffuse (Balding)

* Cutaneous Vasculitis

* Cutis Laxa

* Dermatitis Herpetiformis

* Dermatomyositis

* Eczema

* Edema (Swelling)

* Eythema Elevatum Diutinum

* Erythema Nodosum

* Follicular Hyperkeratosis (Dry rough skin/ plugged hair follicles on body)

* Ichthyosis, Acquired

* Itchy Skin Rash

* Hangnail

* Koilonychia (Thin nails that flatten, ends progressively turning up instead of down)

* Melanoma

* Nails, Dry and brittle that chip, peel, crack or break easily

* Nails with Horizontal and Vertical Ridges/Fragile

* Nail with Rounded and Curved Down Ends, Dark, Dry

* Nails with White Spots

* Nails with Splinter Hemorrhages

* Pityriasis Rubra Pilaris

* Prurigo Nodularis (Hyde