Rate this topic

What is the reference range for the ttg?

It just says TTG>128 in letter. I'm trying to find out what's normal. So far it looks really high :(

Yes that does look high. Did they do any other celiac testing than just the TTG and was the IGA the total IGA or the antigliadin IGA and if it was the antigliadin IGA did they do a total IGA?

Yes that does look high. Did they do any other celiac testing than just the TTG and was the IGA the total IGA or the antigliadin IGA and if it was the antigliadin IGA did they do a total IGA?

I don't know much about these particular results. She was also tested for her bones via blood, thyroid, anemia and two others. All normal with them. What is the normal range for TTG? I've read 0-6 and also 0-20...

I don't know much about these particular results. She was also tested for her bones via blood, thyroid, anemia and two others. All normal with them. What is the normal range for TTG? I've read 0-6 and also 0-20...

The reference range varies from lab to lab. Can you pick up a copy of the test results? Obviously just a tTG reading is not the complete test as Raven said.

The reference range varies from lab to lab. Can you pick up a copy of the test results? Obviously just a tTG reading is not the complete test as Raven said.

No worries :) Haven't thought of picking up a copy. Just got this letter through post. Looks like they're trying to rush her for biopsy as it's been faxed to 2nd hospital rather than posted. Just want them to hurry so I can get her on gluten free diet. She's had a day off school today as she's not well.

No worries :) Haven't thought of picking up a copy. Just got this letter through post. Looks like they're trying to rush her for biopsy as it's been faxed to 2nd hospital rather than posted. Just want them to hurry so I can get her on gluten free diet. She's had a day off school today as she's not well.

Sorry to hear she's sick! Actually you should make it a point to pick up all copies of any tests that are run.

Sorry to hear she's sick! Actually you should make it a point to pick up all copies of any tests that are run.

I didn't know I could do that. She's suffered urine infections for 5 yrs. Her hospital folder is thick. I've only kept hospital app. letters and the odd test that they send to me but thats all.

In the US you have a right to copies of your med recs. I don't know in So Africa where you live. Can you call the office and ask to have the "reference range" for the test read to you. Tell them a number doesn't mean anything unless you know what number is "normal".

I didn't know I could do that. She's suffered urine infections for 5 yrs. Her hospital folder is thick. I've only kept hospital app. letters and the odd test that they send to me but thats all.

Yes, you can do that, not that you want to go back 5 years. You are entitled to copies of those results. I'd suggest getting all the copies having to do with testing for celiac and then in the future get copies of any tests run.

ETA: I didn't realize you were in South Africa... so don't know if the same applies.

Edited by sa1937

Yes, you can do that, not that you want to go back 5 years. You are entitled to copies of those results. I'd suggest getting all the copies having to do with testing for celiac and then in the future get copies of any tests run.

ETA: I didn't realize you were in South Africa... so don't know if the same applies.

I no longer live in South Africa. I moved to the UK 10 yrs ago (where I met my husband). Thank God I'm here as treatment/tests are free :0)

So, in simple terms, what has she been tested for. What is tTG and IgA. I'm trying hard to find a simple term for these as everything online is very medical and complicated!

I no longer live in South Africa. I moved to the UK 10 yrs ago (where I met my husband). Thank God I'm here as treatment/tests are free :0)

So, in simple terms, what has she been tested for. What is tTG and IgA. I'm trying hard to find a simple term for these as everything online is very medical and complicated!

You might want to check out these fact sheets from the Univ. of Chicago Celiac Disease Center. Explains a lot of the things you might want to know: http://www.celiacdis....net/factsheets

I'm thinking that the 128 would be as high as they test for, therefor it would be QUITE elevated.....

I'm thinking that the 128 would be as high as they test for, therefor it would be QUITE elevated.....

I've read about two other people via the web with tTG>128 and also tested positive with gut biopsy. Still awaiting an appointment...