Iansmom

Teen Advantage Complete Multivitamin, For Him

Rate this topic

Hi, I'm new here. My son was diagnosed two weeks ago with celiac (he's 14). We don't see the dietician for another week. I've been giving him: One A Day Teen Advantage Complete Multivitamin, for Him. Does anyone know if these are gluten-free? Their website (wegman's) is not clear on it. Thanks!

One a Day vitamin is not gluten free--I switched my 13 yo DD to Lil Critters, there are others just check the label. They make a sour gummy which most kids like.

One a Day vitamin is not gluten free--I switched my 13 yo DD to Lil Critters, there are others just check the label. They make a sour gummy which most kids like.

Oh great, I've been giving him gluten! Well, I'm glad I asked and thanks for your help. I've got the Lil Critters but I feel like I need to find something with iron to help him grow. I'll keep looking.

If they are a Wegmans brand product call them at the 1-800-wegmans number and ask. They are really good about knowing whether what they put under their label is gluten-free or not. They might need to call you back but they will get back to you.

Also do make sure that you have his iron levels checked by your doctor before you supplement iron. Too much can build up in organs and cause problems.

Oh great, I've been giving him gluten! Well, I'm glad I asked and thanks for your help. I've got the Lil Critters but I feel like I need to find something with iron to help him grow. I'll keep looking.

Don't feel bad, it took me a lot longer than 2 weeks to figure out that my son's vitamins contained gluten!

I was shocked that the flintstones vitamins aren't gluten-free. Re the iron--so get iron levels chkd before any supplementation. If he needs iron, buy a separate slow acting iron tab. The regular iron tabs cause very dark stools & constipation. Slow acting is much better. Also get his vit D levels chkd it is very common to have a deficiency