Lori2

Udi's Bread

Rate this topic

Its been over a year since I have had bread so at the store yesterday I decided to try a loaf of Udis. First, the sticker shockI knew from reading here that it was expensive but I wasnt prepared for $5.69 for a 12 ounce loaf (that's 44 cents a slice). Second, the tasteI thought it was pretty good, even had a second slice. Then I read the ingredients list. Sunflower oil and evaporated cane juice. Both sunflower seeds and cane sugar are on my allergy list, although not severe. Im waiting for a reaction but Udis may have to go on my use with care list. Bummer.

Oh bummer. It is good bread but not for everyone I guess. :(

Oh bummer. It is good bread but not for everyone I guess. :(

Not sure what I'd do w/o my Udi's....it's my answer to the bread issue and I have sandwiches everyday for lunch. Hope it's not too bad for ya. If you don't have problems and want to purchase it again. There are coupons and it generally goes on sale every month or so (at our local grocery store's health market) so I stock up since you store it in the freezer anyway.

I wonder if there is any connection between the two companies that have bread--Udi's and Rudi's.

I wonder if there is any connection between the two companies that have bread--Udi's and Rudi's.

udi's is in Denver, Rudi's is in Boulder. Interesting!

Not sure what I'd do w/o my Udi's....it's my answer to the bread issue and I have sandwiches everyday for lunch. Hope it's not too bad for ya. If you don't have problems and want to purchase it again. There are coupons and it generally goes on sale every month or so (at our local grocery store's health market) so I stock up since you store it in the freezer anyway.

Where do you get the Udi's coupons?