Crimson58

Celiac Pain

Rate this topic

I'm new here. I was diagnosed with Celiac (nontropical sprue) in 2008 after a colonoscopy. I have tried every bit of advice given by a gastroenterologist,not to mention my family doctor. Spent a small fortune on gluten free products in stores. Seems I can go for 4-6 weeks without any flareups,then it hits me again. The damn pain is unbearable. I am also prone to getting diverticulitis,so my doctor always has a CT done to rule out that,since the pain is similar in nature in the same areas. I was prescribed hydrocodone one time for the pain. It barely helped for about 2-3 hours,then it returned. Once it leaves,I'm good for a month or two.I can't deal with it anymore. Any suggestions here how to stop an attack.Is there something over the counter all natural I can buy? Is there even a surgery for this? I would do it in a heartbeat.TIA for any advice

No surgery is available for gluten intolerance or celiac disease. The best advice I can give is that you have to eat basic whole food that is healthy to sustain your energy to live and forget about anything that is harmful to you from here on out. Don't give up on basic healthy food for you. After a good solid month or two on basic food (meats, rice, potatoes, vegetables and fruit) you should start feeling better.

I wish you luck in your efforts and hope you start feeling better.