rgarton

Menstrual Cycle And Normal Bm's

Rate this topic

I finally got my period, tmi i know. But after being nearly two weeks late i started to worry a little bit. I am on the pill, and have missed a few because of my weight dropping so fast and all the other changes that comes with going gluten free! But for the days leading up to this i did feel pretty horrid, headaches, eyes twitching, really bad cramps, generally really tired and feeling slightly nauseas and hungry at the same time...

Anyway now I am on my BM's have been more normal than they've ever been since my diagnosis... Is this normal?!? I've heard people getting almost gluten like symptoms with their menstrual cycle but i actually have way more normal BM's. Again TMI i know! I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I'm going to be upset if it doesn't continue after i come off, i actually enjoy knowing that my bathroom trip need not be full of angst! I'm hoping my body just happens to be having a massive turn around and im going to be kicking back into my normal self again, but i'm slightly doubtful..

Oh and thanks again guys, I'd just love to hear what happens to you girlies!

nope. mine wreaks havoc with my digestive system. i am not on any birth control, am 47 or 48 (k 48 whatever) and i am totally irregular as far as my period is concerned. used to be straight 28 days, you could set your clock by how regular my periods were. now they are 5 days early to 2 weeks early to 2 weeks late??? what??? generally i am trying to figure out how i got cc'd (because that's what it feels like: tired, crampy, headache, muscle aches, etc) and it sneaks right up on me. usually at the most inopportune time <THAT has always been normal lol romantic stay at fancy hotel, camping in the middle of nowhere, trucking, etc..... i always say i loooove being a girl except for once a month :( stupid eve. next time i see her i'm gonna slap hell outta her...

Happy to hear I'm not alone in this. I'm 47 years old, and before my diagnosis, I was very regular, every 27-30 days, and my period only lasted about 3 days. Now, I am so unpredictable. I skip periods, or it can show up after only 21 days. And now it usually lasts about 6-7 days. I haven't had my first followup appointment with my doctor yet since my small bowel biospy confirmed my diagnosis, so I have not had a chance to talk to her about it, but I'm thinking it is either the diet change, perimenopausal changes or a combination of both. I also experience changes in bowel movements around the time of my menstrual cycle, but these does not alarm me. It makes sense when you think about what is going on in your body at the time with the hormonal changes, water retention, bloating and the extra pressure in your abdomen at that time. Our guts are extra sensitive, and changes most women handle fine can wreak havoc with us.

before gluten intolerance diagnosis, i had regular periods. as my symptoms worsened, my periods became irregular and i would feel hot and i would get diarrhea. after diagnosis and going gluten-free, i did not get diarrhea as much or as bad.

i had some rapid weight loss in the past couple months being on a healing diet that is sugar, lectin, and grain free so that seems to have messed up my periods.