Harpgirl

I Have A Question About Dh

Rate this topic

I've had my blood tested for celiac last Friday, but I've been avoiding gluten since they drew my blood. As I'm reading more about DH, I'm wondering how it forms. Is it just random? The reason I ask is because I've always had this wierd skin "allergy". I can only seem to wear gold jewelry. Everything else gives me a terribly itchy rash. I later found that I can wear sterling silver so long as it comes from Europe.

I also have issues with soaps and lotions. I can use anything from Crabtree and Evelyn, except their lip balm. If I use something, say from Bath and Body Works, my skin turns horribly red and chapped (same with that lip balm).

Do you guys think this is DH? Or is it probably just that wierd skin allergy?

LOL :lol: I just saw the whole section dealing with DH. This question is probably better posted there. Don't know if the moderators are able to move it there... ;)

My DH occurs on the same exact spot on my knee cap on my left knee every single time I have any gluten by accident. It happens in the same spot in the same time frame every single time.

To me, it sounds more like a skin allergy of some sort than DH.

richard

To me, it sounds more like a skin allergy of some sort than DH.

richard

*sigh* too much to hope that going gluten-free will allow me to wear any earrings I see, I suppose... :rolleyes:

Well, I'm no expert and it's hard to diagnose by Internet, but based on my personal experience with DH, it sounds more like an allergy.

richard

*sigh* too much to hope that going gluten-free will allow me to wear any earrings I see, I suppose... :rolleyes:

I doubt going gluten-free will help you to wear earrings. You could very well have a metal allergy (nickel). I've always had that problem but there are hypoallergenic earrings available that I've been able to wear successfully. You might want to check out Simply Whispers. I've been wearing their earrings since the 1980's. If you sign up for their emails, they'll probably give you a coupon offer

I'm also able to wear better quality earrings (14 kt. gold) but forget the dept. store costume jewelry.

ETA: I should also add that their earrings are very light weight.

Edited by sa1937

Yeah, I've tried nickel free, still gives me a rash. The best I can do is coat the jewelry in clear nail polish. I never wear a watch and even my glasses are titanium, because I used to get a rash on the side of my head where my old metal ones would touch the skin. Oh well...