Jan1015

Hi From Washington

Rate this topic

Hi, newly diagnosed Celiac from Eastern WA. Been lurking here for about the last month and thought it was time to say hello. Having a super hard time adjusting. I'm slowly finding Gluten free foods that I like, but man its rough. My former diet was mostly breads/pastas and what-not. Sigh!

Hi, newly diagnosed Celiac from Eastern WA. Been lurking here for about the last month and thought it was time to say hello. Having a super hard time adjusting. I'm slowly finding Gluten free foods that I like, but man its rough. My former diet was mostly breads/pastas and what-not. Sigh!

Welcome! You might want to try a whole foods diet (fresh meat, veggies, fruit, etc.) and avoid trying to find gluten-free prepared foods for now. And many of us have problems with lactose intolerance so you might want to cut out dairy at least temporarily.

Since you like pasta, Tinkyada makes a good gluten-free brown rice pasta. And Udi's makes pretty good gluten-free bread. I would suggest keeping your diet pretty simple to start with...much easier than trying to replace those things we used to eat with other gluten-free replacement foods. Plus there's a whole lot less labels to read, which we really become pretty good at. There is definitely a learning curve as we begin the diet but trust me, it gets a whole lot easier.

hi and welcome! I'm in boise, Idaho :). This gluten- free thing isn't easy, but it's worth it!