gluteneggfree

Buckwheat Bread How To Substitute Egg In It?

Rate this topic

hi, just new to gluten-free living and wondering if some one could wise me up on how to make this recipe egg free if possible,, this person who gave me this can make a tolerable bread from this recipe,

1 cup buckwheat + 1/4 cup other non gluten flour

3/4 to 1 cup of almond ( or other milk)

2 large eggs

dash honey

heaped tsp bs

heaped tsp guar or xanathan gum

mixes it all in processor for 30 secs - cooked 90 mins in breadmaker

do you have any ideas how i could remoove the eggs ( hopefullly without using vinegar/lemon as i cant do either!! but if those are the only options please say anyway)

ie how to lose the eggs especially for the recipe above as with my food intolerances it is the most simple and not too many ingredients...

i also would have to cook it in the oven any info on how to cook it successfully in the oven would be appreciated..!!

this doesnt have to be perfect i just need to not spend a fortune on bought gluten-free stuff....which at moment is crackers..

and here is another bread untried but with good reviews from food.com for gluten-free buckwheat bread - this one has oil in it but i am again wondering if anyone can help me understand how to omit the egg white ( would egg replacer be enough or better still omit and use something else??)

here is the recipe 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour, 1/2 cup buckwheat 3 tsp bp 1/2 tsp salt

2 tbsp sugar, 2 egg whites whipped, 1 cup milk, 1/2 cup vege oil, 2 tbsp sesame seeds onn top.. cook in 9 by 19 loaf tin, sift flour, stir in sugar, beat eggs till fluffy, stir in milk and oil and add to flours,, beat 3 mins till smooth, pour into tin sesame on topp, bake 55 - 60 mins then stand 10 mins..... ( one guy reduced the oil to 1/4 cup and cooked at higher temp ( 400f) to get a crispy and non mush centre)...

thanks so much for your help,, gluteneggfree

Living Without magazine has some substitutions listed for a number of things. Hope this helps.