mamabear272

Not Sure What Happened

Rate this topic

I haven't had a dizzy spell since I went gluten-free. I had one today and don't know why. I am also having slight stomach cramps. The only things I ate yesterday that are different are Aldi smoked sausage, frozen corn and some mixed nuts from Costco. Everything else I've had before. None of those items should have gluten in them. I don't know what happened. Like I said, it's not as bad as before but it's still frustrating me! :(

Maybe it's the corn? Most of us seem to have an intolerance to that.

I read that corn is gluten-free but maybe because I'm still healing? I'm only newly gluten-free for a little over a week.

I try never to eat more than one new thing at a time. I know it's difficult sometimes, but it sure makes it easy to pinpoint what I should avoid. Otherwise, I'd be avoiding things I could actually tolerate, or even worse, having to re-ingest something that makes me feel cruddy just to fish out the culprit.

Check the label on the mixed nuts. Yesterday, found a deal on trail mix and I thought, "Oh yeah, just nuts and berries, that'll be great!" But when I looked at the label, wheat was listed as an ingredient! Leave it to the manufacturers... :angry:

I thought i was safe with the 3 new foods but maybe not. And I checked the nuts everywhere for ANYTHING and didn't see it. I had the smoked sausage leftovers for lunch today and seem to be doing ok so I'm down to either the nuts or the corn. I'll try them again separately and see what happens. Won't be for at least a few days though. lol

The nuts could have come from a shared line. There are a lot of nut mixes with pretzels in them. It doesn't have to say so on the package.

The nuts could have come from a shared line. There are a lot of nut mixes with pretzels in them. It doesn't have to say so on the package.

That seems dirty to me! I thought they had to list if it is even possible that there is cc in production. I've seen the listing before that basically although there is no wheat in the product, the product is produced in a facility where wheat products are produced therefore cc cannot be guaranteed. Looked everywhere for it on the nuts. Grrrr!