reenag

Stomach Symptoms After I Eat Gluten Free?

Rate this topic

Hi,

I have a question. I've been gluten free for three months. When I do have symptoms because I eat gluten (cross contamination) I notice my symptoms are worst on day 2 and three, and the worst when I eat. So if I consume some gluten, my symptoms kick in strong the next day/ a few days later, and get really bad after I eat anything. My symptoms are a very sour stomach, pain, and severe bloating. is this common?

Any advise is appreciated, including how to alleviate the symptoms (bloating, sour stomach, grumbling stomach)

Thanks!!!!

Yes, it is common for symptoms to appear a couple days later. It's what makes it so hard to pin point what is causing the problem when starting out or when you have no idea that gluten can even do that to people. It also makes it difficult to know which food you ate that was CC'd. Pain in the butt!

I have no idea how to alleviate the pain but I like to think that I eat extra healthy and drink extra water during that time to help it go away faster- flush it out. But in reality, I am so mentally not with it that I have no real memories of my CC days.

well i love to say that i do have something to help :) that happens a lot to me. i am 16 and i got diagnosed about 3 and a half months ago. i understand where you are coming from. there are enzymes to help. what they do is they help you digest things. so how this helps is the food isnt sitting in your intestines. the enzymes attack the food and help digest. quick digest with plant enzymes. thats what i use. it helps. my boss has some stronger ones that i love. they work a lot better. as soon as i can ask her what they are called i will let you know. this isnt a cure but it helps with the pain. also you may ask for some nausea meds. i have old ones that i use that help a ton. if you ever need anything im here to help. :) i have a lot of answers haha good luck! let me know how it all works out. and il get back to you on the better enzymes

My symptoms come in strongest 24-72 hours after I've been cross contaminated. I normally have a excessively full feeling and bad taste in my mouth 30 minutes after eating, diarrhea the next morning, and then sometimes throw up the second morning after. Blah.

Bri, I'm interested to see what the name of those enzymes are and where to get them.

Thanks,

Pete

You can take milk of magnesia to help get things moving faster. And some Pepto Bismol to help sooth the intestines. Marsh mallow root or okra can do the same thing. L-glutamine is said to heal heal the gut although I don't have any ref for that.

Pro-biotics can also help get things back to normal.