Rate this topic

OK, so I've been on the diet for almost three months and I think I'm over the initial hurdles of navigating the label reading and basics of feeding my family.

So, I'm ready to try some new foods. I've heard such good things about quiona and I'm ready to give it a try. It's in my pantry, but I have no idea what to do with it. I'd love any tips on how to 1) cook it properly, and 2) to make it tasty. (My 5 year old also has celiac.) I'm not a great cook, so the easier the better. ;)

This is a recipe I found for a sweet quinoa dish. I absolutely loved it. :)

On allrecipes.com, there is a black bean and quinoa recipe I tried and it was good. In fact, I'm making it again this week. Be sure to rinse the quinoa before cooking it. I've heard if you don't, it will be bitter.

Oh shoot, my link didn't get pasted in :)

Ancient Harvest Quinoa comes pre-rinsed. I always add HerbOX Chicken Bouillon in the directed water and just add some butter. Not sure kids would like the texture...it is a bit different.

I mix it half and half with brown rice and throw it in the rice steamer, gives a great flavor and better texture to the brown rice. Usually I throw a stir fry on top.