This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Skylark

Skylark Collaborator

I was wondering if the powers that be might install some more avatar packs on the board. I've been so foggy lately I forget usernames and with the limited number of avatars available people are using the same ones over and over. I'm finding it very confusing. "Oops, that person with the kitten is a new member and not who I was thinking of!"

I know there will still be overlap unless folks upload something unique, but some people find it difficult to set up pictures for upload and prefer the built-in avatars. Perhaps with more avatars to choose from there might be less overlap? Or maybe everyone will gravitate to the kitten anyway. :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

I was wondering if the powers that be might install some more avatar packs on the board. I've been so foggy lately I forget usernames and with the limited number of avatars available people are using the same ones over and over. I'm finding it very confusing. "Oops, that person with the kitten is a new member and not who I was thinking of!"

I know there will still be overlap unless folks upload something unique, but some people find it difficult to set up pictures for upload and prefer the built-in avatars. Perhaps with more avatars to choose from there might be less overlap? Or maybe everyone will gravitate to the kitten anyway. :lol:

And then there are people like me who like to change them up all the time! :P

The golden retriever shows up alot, too!

Juliebove Rising Star

You can always get your own pics. That's what I did.

Korwyn Explorer
You can always get your own pics. That's what I did.

Ditto :)

Skylark Collaborator

I'm not sure everyone finds resizing and uploading a picture easy. :P

• 4 months later...
cougie23 Explorer

I'm not sure everyone finds resizing and uploading a picture easy. :P

I don't know if this will help...but I hate computers and I totaly understand what your saying...this is what we did!

My son made me a folder saved to my desk top (that way its easy to locate)...I went to google and clicked on IMAGES...then I typed in COUGARS ( its my nickname and user name)...I found a picture I liked..RIGHT CLICKED...and hit COPY....then I went to worddocument ( which I also keep on my desk top (for easy acsess) and RIGHT CLICK...and hit paste....then you go to the far left top of the page and click on FILE..click..SAVE AS..It will then give another window with options where you want to save...on the left of this will be DESK TOP..CLICK...and you will see your new folder...click on that! It will open up and then you tittle the picture..and click save..Your new picture will be in your new folder!

NOW go to celiac forum...log in...go to your profile...go to EDIT PROFILE... go to Avitar picture... it will give you options...one will be to down load a picture from a file on your computer...CLICK...now you can access your desktop folder...and WALA!!!

your in!!!! YEA!!!! :D:D:D

I know this may be a bit over wellming..( I'm not making fun...I'm being serious!)

But if you copy this down first...the just take it real slow...you'll learn a new thing...it will be fun...and you'll feel really good about your self when your done! brain fog is a b%$@#...beleive me I know!!! and its real fustrating learning new things especially when its trouble just following directions...its easy to get confused...been there..done that! thats why your going to try this...at your OWN pace..(after you copy it down)...and its going to make you feel GREAT!!!like I said I HATE COMPUTERS!!! :blink: But I felt so good just acomplishing such a simple little thing...its not as simple when you have trouble concentating like we do...so GO FOR IT...HAVE FUN!!!

I hope this helps!!! :rolleyes::P:D:D

Oh and I didn't have to resize any thing...I guess it did that when I saved it to my folder?!..I don't know but if the first picture doesn't work...try saving a smaller picture! :rolleyes:

THIS IS FOR ANYONE FOLLOWING THIS THREAD WHO NEEDS HELP WITH THIS!

And Skylark I wasn't implying you couldn't do this...obviously you have a unique advitar allready...but I agree not everyone knows how...

this is a tecnical thread...there needed to be some advice...not just critisizm from those who are more computer savy! ;):rolleyes::D

cougie23 Explorer

I do agree though...for those that just want to find a suitable pic that fits their personality...without all the hassle...WE NEED MORE AVITARS!!!! THANKYOU!!!

not everyone feels up to searching the net for the perfect pic.let alone going through all the steps to get it in the site just to post it up...its exhausting just thinking about it!Besides its a well known fact that Celiacs get tired easily..distracted and confused...especialy newbies! LOL :lol::blink::D (not to mention spelling errors...did I mention foccus problems!)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Skylark Collaborator

Maybe your directions will help folks out!

Archived