Scott Adams

The Gluten Free Consumer, A New Publication to Benefit Individuals With Problems - Examiner.com

Rate this topic

6.jpg

Salt Lake City Weekly

The Gluten Free Consumer, A New Publication to Benefit Individuals With Problems

Examiner.com

There are a growing number of individuals with Celiac and Gluten intolerance. The number of Americans thought to have Celiac Disease is estimated to be 1 in 133 individuals. This can be a severe auto immune disorder. Untreated this disease can lead to ...

From political fixer to gluten-free baker Salt Lake City Weekly

all 2 news articles »

View the full article

I don't trust this company. As of yesterday, they were using a photo on their Gluten Free Consumer page that belonged to someone else. It was the photo of a 50's mother and child and said, "Go ahead, honey it's gluten free." When I called The Gluten Free Consumer to find out if they were associated with the blog who first used the photo, a man told me they owned it. I explained who was using it first and they said that they did not know anything about it and again said they owned the photo. When I suggested they did not, the man hung up the phone. Now it has been remove. Unfortunately, they had used it to submit articles to other sites like The Examiner. I reported it their as a copyright violation.

The blog that first used it has been notified. The author of the blog reported that she got it from somewhere, but does not remember where, but that she knows she asked permission. In addition, she said she altered it by adding the phrase, "Go ahead, honey it's gluten free."