txplowgirl

Anyone Salt Sensitive?

Rate this topic

Ive got a question. In the last several months I have noticed that if I have any salt at all I will start having a stomach ache and I start getting a slight headache and everything tastes like i've drowned it in salt even when I haven't put any in it. I've had my mother, my son, other family members check and they all say it tastes fine to them. It's getting like I can't have salt at all. I changed over to Sea salt a year and a half ago. I thought it might be the Sea salt and tried regular iodine salt and the same thing happens.

What could this be a sign of?

Just wondering if anybody had any ideas on what might be happening?

I don't know for sure but what happens to me is....

The less salt I eat...the more I can taste salt. I eliminated it due to DH and now I can only toelrate a little salt...and lunchmeat or anything processed tastes WAAY too salty. The tastebuds get more sensitive without it I guess.

Same thing happened with sugar. The less sugar I ate, the less I could tolerate sugar. Ate whole food for a while then had a Snickers and it was WAAY to SWEET!

I don't know of any other explanation but increased sensitivity of the taste buds.

It will be interesting to see what others think.