Mummyto3

Dizziness And Headaches In Child

Rate this topic

Should I be concerned my daughter for last two nights has severe dizziness and heaches in the evening? She's fine in the day, no problems. I told her nurse today but she didn't seem concerned. This seems to be a new symptom. Well, the dizziness not the headaches. She usually gets them and migraines :(

Yes, you should be concerned.

Is she gluten free?

If not, it would appear that might need a second look.

My son's symptoms always appeared in the evening.

I now know that was because the gluten was building all day, breakfast lunch and snacks. By evening he was sick.

Watch the pattern. It may warrant getting her tested or doing a gluten free trial if you are not concerned about the diagnosis.

My son responded well very quickly to gluten free...all symptoms just went away in a week.

She could have neurological symptoms only and still be Celiac. That is if she isn't having any gastrointestinal symptoms.

If she is already gluten free...I would be looking for sources of cross contamination and any trace gluten she may be getting exposed to.

Good luck to you and your daughter.

When my daughter gets migraines, they often come with dizziness. She has a hard time getting up and down the stairs and has to lie down. Sleeping helps. Our neurologist told us to give her 2 Advil gel caps at the FIRST signs of a migraine (she's 12 and almost adult size). If you wait for the migraine to take hold, it's usually too late to treat it. Oh, the doctor also told me that to him dizziness = migraine.

During my gluten challenge, one symptom for me was waves of dizziness/lightheadedness. Not bad, but noticeable. My main symptoms are neurological.

Dizziness and headache can also mean ear infection, but I'd be suspicious of migraine causing it in your daughter's case.

Good luck!

Yes, you should be concerned.

Is she gluten free?

If not, it would appear that might need a second look.

My son's symptoms always appeared in the evening.

I now know that was because the gluten was building all day, breakfast lunch and snacks. By evening he was sick.

Watch the pattern. It may warrant getting her tested or doing a gluten free trial if you are not concerned about the diagnosis.

My son responded well very quickly to gluten free...all symptoms just went away in a week.

She could have neurological symptoms only and still be Celiac. That is if she isn't having any gastrointestinal symptoms.

If she is already gluten free...I would be looking for sources of cross contamination and any trace gluten she may be getting exposed to.

Good luck to you and your daughter.

Oh wow! That's exactly whats been happening with her and I came to that exact same conclusion. She would be ok in the day (sometimes headaches or unwell but not for long), but come evening time she'd be nauseous, sometimes headache/migraine and stomach pain or just generally not well. I feel sane now lol

I'm looking forward to the biopsy being over with. I want her well again. She felt a bit dizzy this morning first thing but she's okay now.