alex11602

Feel Like I Am Finally Starting To Get Somewhere

Rate this topic

This is really just me putting out there that I think I might finally be getting over some issues:) I went gluten free about 3 months ago, but before that I was someone who wouldn't eat before going out just in case it bothered me and got to the point it didn't matter when I ate, I would be sick and so I got very afraid to go out which is strange since I haven't really had problems since going gluten free, but my anxiety was still terrible. Well I am happy to say that I made a trip to Walmart yesterday (13 miles which is a big deal for me, I haven't been much more then 2 miles away from my house in months.). And it is just in time...my sister is graduating high school tomorrow (10 miles away) and I think I will be able to just get over it and see her graduate. Plus my oldest has a ballet recital on Sunday and I will be able to see that too, it's a little further away but I am hoping that I can do it. For the first time I think that I may actually be able to have a normal life and be there for my kids instead of being afraid to go out.

• Upvote 1

Yay! Good job! If I knew how to insert other emoticons, I would put a cute dancing banana right about....HERE! :lol: Honestly, I'm very happy for you. I love hearing the success stories. :D

That sounds like me last year. Our Wal-Mart is 30 miles away and after a while, I just wouldn't go. Isn't it wonderful to realize that you may be getting your life back? Happy for you! :)

• Upvote 1

that is so great. a true gluten-free success story. it still amazes me how gluten can make people anxious. i am so happy you can get your freedom and life back and go out and celebrate with your family. best wishes!

Ahhh....I love hearing that positive attitude. You're going to be one of the success stories...

That's wonderful news :)

I couldn't even tell you how many times I just sat in the house in my jammies for DAYS!! I almost never do that now and I'm only 2 weeks into being gluten-free. And if I was out, all I could think about was getting home. So many things didn't get done cause I would come home before I was finished. I didn't even think about it till I read this post. What an amazing feeling isn't it? Good for all of us!! :D

• Upvote 1

I had that much anxiety too. I couldn't believe it all just went away! I can go wherever I want to now! I'm very happy for you! It is really free-ing isn't it? I wish everyone with social anxiety and feeling reclusive could know that gluten can cause these feelings. Unbelievable...but wonderful to have it gone! Enjoy!

• Upvote 1

So good to hear things are coming right for you!! That's great news! Unfortunately I've been down and under the weather lately and I believe it's because the kitchen staff at my residential college aren't taking necessary precautions.

They recently got very annoyed with me about the deep fryer situation when I asked them about it (GOOD THING I DID!) and now I wish I was self-catered so at least I could control my OWN diet.

But I must say, I'm really happy for you nonetheless. Hope you really enjoy getting out and about more :)

Thank you everyone!!! And I am very happy to add that I got to see my little sister graduate from high school last night:) I think that I really would have regretted if I didn't go so I am so grateful that I was able to, I had a few times before we left that I was getting anxious, but my husband was able to help me calm back down so that we could leave. And besides my husband I know that alot of what I was able get through has been from reading on these boards, there are alot of people on here who are an inspiration so thank you for that!

• Upvote 1