GFreeMO

Looking For Baked Beans Recipe

Rate this topic

Does anyone have a good and fairly simple baked beans recipe? I use to make mine with van de kamps pork and beans and then add onion and brown sugar etc. but I don't think they are gluten free. Help please ;):P

Van Camps is what I meant. Van De Kamps is a frozen fish I think.

Edited by GFreeMO

Does anyone have a good and fairly simple baked beans recipe? I use to make mine with van de kamps pork and beans and then add onion and brown sugar etc. but I don't think they are gluten free. Help please ;):P

Van Camps is what I meant. Van De Kamps is a frozen fish I think.

I thought they were. Just had some for lunch. HuhOh. Yikes!

Couldn't READ the ingredients in the store due to lighting and small print.

I can't see the ingredients on line. They are a Conagra product so they will clearly label any gluten (Wheat, rye or barley).

I bring reading glasses or a younger set of eyes with me to the store.

Bush's Baked beans are gluten-free/SF/CF.

I am guessing you can add your brown sugar, bacon, molasses, onions, etc. to them.

P.S.

Would you like a real, old fashioned baked beans recipe? They cook for hours in the oven --made in a bean pot ---it's a family recipe from my Bostonian grandmother. It's just a few ingredients you assemble and let 'em cook... I'll post it if you want. Let me know. Probably not in his humidity, huh??...more like a winter thing... :lol:

My recipe also takes several hours but is so fabulous. It includes onions with cloves stuck in them, maple syrup, bacon, mustard, ketchup, bean broth...lots of yummy things. We usually make it in winter to avoid heating up the house too much.