KatV1985

Bad Breath After Being gluten-free For 3 Weeks

Rate this topic

So I have been gluten-free for 3 weeks now and I noticed (as well as my fiance noticing) my breath is foul...I can brush my teeth before bed, and by the time I go to kiss him good night he tells me my breath smells. I brush for like 3 minutes, use mouth wash, and floss....but STILL have awful breath. Is this something anyone else has encountered after going gluten free? I know when people cut out carbs (ie Atkins diet) they say you can get really bad breath, but I am still eating carbs (gluten-free bread, potatoes, rice etc).

I feel like I don't want to stand close enough to anyone that they can smell my breath...its so embarassing!

So I have been gluten-free for 3 weeks now and I noticed (as well as my fiance noticing) my breath is foul...I can brush my teeth before bed, and by the time I go to kiss him good night he tells me my breath smells. I brush for like 3 minutes, use mouth wash, and floss....but STILL have awful breath. Is this something anyone else has encountered after going gluten free? I know when people cut out carbs (ie Atkins diet) they say you can get really bad breath, but I am still eating carbs (gluten-free bread, potatoes, rice etc).

I feel like I don't want to stand close enough to anyone that they can smell my breath...its so embarassing!

I'm sure it will go away. Our bodies do bizarre things when we are in withdrawals and detoxing. I had very strange things happen. I was pooping like 10 to 12 times a day for about 3 weeks. I would get shaky and dehydrated easily. I had odd pains and brain fog. I had about 2 weeks where I just couldn't eat anything without feeling sick. Then it went away.

The weirdest thing that happened to me is that soda started tasting like soapy water to me. I've been gluten free and year and a half and I still can't drink soda because it tastes like fizzy soap water. I literally cannot taste Coke or Sprite taste in any brand. The only one that tastes okay to me is root beer.