shayre

Looking For Good gluten-free Mac N Cheese And Spaghetti O's For Kids

Rate this topic

Hi. Since our household went gluten free, I've had to find subs for my kids favorite foods. They've rejected all gluten-free mac n cheese so far. I've tried Annie's gluten-free kind AND Annie's deluxe gluten-free. I've also tried Amy's frozen gluten-free df sf that you microwave. I haven't seen any others? My son also loves the Annie's org O's from pasta, and I can't find a gluten-free equivolent? He needs to eat organic with no chemicals. Hope that you know!!!

Trader Joe's has a boxed gluten-free mac and cheese that tastes identical to the Kraft Dinner type that has gluten in it. Until I found this brand, I thought all of the others were absolutely awful.

The best mac and cheese that I found (before I became allergic to cheese) was making it homemade with Tinkyada pasta. It's certainly not as convienent as a box but the taste is worlds better. That Annies stuff is gross, IMO.

For Spaghetti O's you might try a brand called Organ. I have had this: http://www.orgran.com/products/301/ once and it was decent (my mom bought it for me because I liked spaghetti O's as a child). The sauce did have a similar flavor but the texture of the spaghetti is different from Spaghetti O's.

Easiest mac&cheese recipe ever and my kids devour it-even the super picky boy... They like Annie's just OK and don't like Amy's anymore.

Preheat oven 350

Ancient harvest quinoa pasta, any shape except spaghetti, prepare according to package directions

While the pasta is cooking, in a pot over low-medium heat, combine 1 can evaporated milk and 1# of any cheese, shredded (for quicker melt). I usually use medium cheddar for the kids, but you can use anything. Sometimes I'll just dump in a mixture of whatever's left in the fridge (mmmmmmmm, brie........ ;) )

-Stir until melted.

-Dump the cheese sauce and drained noodles into a baking dish, mix together and bake for about 30 minutes, until the edges are browned.

Thank you so much! Hopefully one of these will make my kids happy!

I honestly live off of Pastariso Dolphin Rice Gluten-Free Macaroni and Cheese....I LOVE IT.