shayre

Does Anyone React To Ancient Harvest Quinoa Hot Cereal?

Rate this topic

Hi. Recently bought Quinoa cereal to replace oatmeal that I can't have. It's okay, but I don't think that I'm feeling great. Maybe it's something else. It looks like it's made safely, but I don't know. Has anyone else reacted to this or that brand?

The paleo dietary movement says that quinoa is bad. It punches holes in the microvilli and causes "leaky gut syndrome". I've read this about quinoa in a few different places. I don't know how accurate or scientific the paleo diet is. I still eat rices and some legumes, but other grains I leave alone. http://fitforreallife.com/2011/04/23/guessing-gamebehind-door-1-health-longevity/

Hi. Recently bought Quinoa cereal to replace oatmeal that I can't have. It's okay, but I don't think that I'm feeling great. Maybe it's something else. It looks like it's made safely, but I don't know. Has anyone else reacted to this or that brand?

I tried plain quinoa within a few months of going gluten-free. It kicked me in the teeth. (Actually, it kicked me somewhere else, and it took me a few days to recover.) I waited awhile to try oats. I called in sick on Monday because I tried certified gluten-free oats on Sunday (broke my rule about trying new foods on Friday so I'd have time to recooperate). It's weird. Some people have no problem with quinoa and some do. I didn't have a probem with oats at first.

You might like buckwheat. Cream of buckwheat cereal or buckwheat groats. It's a grass vs. a grain. You cook it like oatmeal.

We eat quinoa from time to time, and have never had a problem. If it has not already been done by the packaging company, you need to thoroughly rinse the quinoa prior to using it. In nature, it has a coating of saponins, which are a natural protection against insects, but do not generally agree with human digestion.

Ancient Harvest quinoa does not need to be prerinsed...it may be a bit more expensive than other brands.