shayre

Looking For A Good Cookbook

Rate this topic

I recently made my house gluten free, because I'm very sensitive. I am no cook, nor do I like it. My kids and hubby are TOTALLY BORED with our existing food choices. I need easy stuff that I can cook up quickly. Any good books for that out there?

Oh.. i so need this too... i'm new to gluten-free... and have two small boys (7 & 10) While they are not picky eaters, I need to make sure they are happy with food too.

Do you have any regular cookbooks? A lot of recipes are naturally gluten-free.

It's when you get into baked goods that it gets pretty tricky. There are some pretty good mixes out there, like Betty Crocker, for example. Do a search for gluten-free.

For some doctored-up baked goodies, The Cake Mix Doctor Bakes Gluten-Free is a good cookbook.

Check out Stephanie O'Dea. Google her. She did a whole year of gluten-free recipes in her crock pot. She has an index of a whole bunch of recipes online. :)

Check out Stephanie O'Dea. Google her. She did a whole year of gluten-free recipes in her crock pot. She has an index of a whole bunch of recipes online. :)

I second this! You will not get bored and it's hard to mess up most crock pot recipes: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

Ooh...crock pot dishes would be fantastic! Keep it coming....:)

Hello Everybody,

I have been recently diagnosed with GI and I am looking for a cookbook.

I am from Hungary, so I started to find gluten-free cookbook through (Company Name Removed - They Spammed This Forum and are Banned) but there are thousands of gluten-free cookbook and I need some advise, which ones are the best.

Do you have any tips?

Thanks.

Welcome Little star! To tell you the truth I mostly just use recipes I find on the internet instead of using cookbooks. You can find just about anything by searching "how to make _____ gluten free" or "Gluten free _____ recipe".

This board has also been a great resource and whenever I need to know a good tried and true recipe I make a post in the recipe section asking for suggestions.