Rate this topic

Does anyone know of any brands of coffee that are gluten free (I especially love vanilla, hazlenut and irish creme)? I love my coffee and cannot give it up.

Thanks

coffee itself is gluten free.

Coffee Mate creamers are gluten free too.

So enjoy.

We have the Kuerig coffee maker with Kcups. It's wonderful!!! I understand that all of the kcups, except two, are gluten-free. The only one that doesn't give me much turmoil though is the Newmans Organic Decaff Kcups.

If you already have a preferred brand of flavored coffee (and as a fellow coffee lover, I'm sure you do :lol: ), give them a call and ask. Plain coffee beans are gluten-free, and I have never had an issue with them. I did get glutened once from flavored coffee-- I'm pretty sure it was barley malt or some such. That was one in many though, and I think it was the exception.

But I'd give them a call to be on the safe side. ;)

Thanks. I will do some contacting.

Thanks. I will do some contacting.

I called on my previous 2 brands of favorite coffee when I first went gluten-free. They told me that there is no gluten, but that the beans could be hauled in the same trucks that haul wheat...they couldn't say. I asked them if they rinse their beans...and they said NO!!! He acted like it was preposterous! Be careful...

I emailed Einstein Brothers and Intelligentsia (got some free bags of coffee from them), explained what gluten was, that I was allergic to it (people pay attention to allergies), and that I could have nothing that contained or even touched gluten. Both places verified that their coffee was gluten free. Is this a sufficient amount of information to safely go off of? Would you believe them? Do you always believe someone who says their products are gluten free? I just want to know because I have heard of people reacting to suppposedly safe foods. I have silent symptoms so I could hurt myself and never be the wiser.

I always ask more specific, openended questions. "what else is processed in the same facility?" "what else is shipped in the same trucks?" etc

I was going to say just have some espresso, lol!

Let's just think about how & where coffee is grown. It is grown in places like Hawaii, Sumatra, etc. Places where wheat likely doesn't grow. Unlikely anyone would grow coffee and wheat. Coffee gets harvested and put in those big bags. Then shipped to the places that roast them and package. There really isn't likely anything else processed in a Folgers or Starbucks or Roasterie coffee plant. I'm thinking if there is wheat in my coffee beans, it's because there is wheat growing less than 1 mile from my house and I played in the field & brought it home.

You could look up info about growing, harvesting & processing coffee beans for your self. It could be possible they put malt in a flavored coffee but they will label that, I would think. Or for a flavored coffee you could ask.

Coffee is generally quite safe, although I don't like the flavored stuff so I haven't checked it lately.

richard