glutenfreegirl

Colonic

Rate this topic

Hi my ND is really recommending a colonic....I have read mixed thoughts re colonize and celiac has anyone tried, had success or stayed away from this ?

Hi my ND is really recommending a colonic....I have read mixed thoughts re colonize and celiac has anyone tried, had success or stayed away from this ?

Sorry darn auto spell ck turned colonic into colonize.....lol

I wouldn't do it when it was suggested to me (preDx when I was very ill and no one could figure it out.) I read a lot about it and determined it was not a great idea.

I know others will say it is. You asked for thoughts and these are mine.

Just curious....

Why would you want to purposefully disrupt the natural good gut flora you are trying to repopulate ? :blink:

The human body naturally removes waste material.

Are you impacted with stool or something?? :blink:

If so, HYDRATE--the right way---drink the water :lol: and take probiotics and eat more foods with fiber.

If you are not preparing for a colonoscopy, I can think of no good reason to "wipe down " the lining of the intestines.

Just my humble opinion. :) I have worked so hard to get my gut to calm down and this is the LAST thing that I would do.

My acupuncturist wanted me to do this also before I was diagnosed. I passed. I agree with the previous poster I do not think they benefit us.

I agree with the above. If everything is working, I let it be. If it isn't, then I need more water, apples, and yogurt!

-Daisy

I hve to agree with the above posts, I don't think a colon cleanse is natural and it disrupts what is already trying to neutralize itself, why make it barren and flora free? Just my opinion though