Rate this topic

We where invited to the most wonderful home for a BBQ yesterday....we are fairly new to our area and my children have become friends with many wonderful kids who have wonderful parents....when we got to the BBQ the whole meal was gluten-free.....can you believe that...everyone all 20 other people and their kids that came ate a whole gluten-free BBQ from appetizers right down to desert.....I was so overwhelmed that some one would do that for myself and my kids all 3 of us are celiac.....we where so relaxed enjoyed the day and did not have to worry about one thing....it was so awesome I just had to share.....my own extended family would not do that for us...oh and the best part the others there people I had never meet before all joyfully ate the food, asked a few questions and then just got to know me as a person not the celiac ...it was the best experience socially I have ever had....I just wanted to share. A nice gluten-free experience as so many times we struggle....

That is wonderful. Some people do "get it". :)

What an amazing community you have found! The bbq in my own home was no where near that considerate. I'm thrilled for you!

That's amazing!! I am going to my sister's today and I'm not sure they wil be as kind. I already know that she has regular brownies and apple pie. She will be having burgers and dogs that I can have without a bun and she'll have guac and fruits and veggies. There will at least be some stuff I can have.

I'm so happy for you that a brand new community would do that for you! Like Diane said, some people do get it! :D

That is very special. You must feel so welcome in your community!