This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Bloating And Probiotics

glutenfreegirl

glutenfreegirl Enthusiast

Hi I posted a few days ago that sugar was making me bloat really bad.I since discovered that if I take probiotics when I bloat I feel better....could that mean it is a candida issue??

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

YoloGx Rookie

Hi I posted a few days ago that sugar was making me bloat really bad.I since discovered that if I take probiotics when I bloat I feel better....could that mean it is a candida issue??

It could. I think however that probiotics are good for most everyone with severe gluten intolerance or celiac since it helps restore the beneficial flora in the gut.

Nevertheless, your problem with the sugar is a good indicator its either candida or some other fungal problem or dysbiosis from some bacteria. In any case, a low carb diet for now would more than likely help you. Plus products that have caprylic acid or maybe a good multi spectrum anti candida/anti bacterial herbal concoction that has oregano oil, black walnut and a variety of other anti fungals etc. in it. . A friend of mine is taking one; if you'd like I can ask what it is. Pao de arco is also helpful. Just don't take the pro biotic at the same time you take stuff to kill off the bugs..

glutenfreegirl Enthusiast

It could. I think however that probiotics are good for most everyone with severe gluten intolerance or celiac since it helps restore the beneficial flora in the gut.

Nevertheless, your problem with the sugar is a good indicator its either candida or some other fungal problem or dysbiosis from some bacteria. In any case, a low carb diet for now would more than likely help you. Plus products that have caprylic acid or maybe a good multi spectrum anti candida/anti bacterial herbal concoction that has oregano oil, black walnut and a variety of other anti fungals etc. in it. . A friend of mine is taking one; if you'd like I can ask what it is. Pao de arco is also helpful. Just don't take the pro biotic at the same time you take stuff to kill off the bugs..

Yolo, that would be great, . Is it common for celiac's to have bacteria issues? If yes, Do you know why?

YoloGx Rookie

Yolo, that would be great, . Is it common for celiac's to have bacteria issues? If yes, Do you know why?

OK--My friend takes a product called Biocidin to the best of my recollection. I can confirm this tomorrow at work. He also uses colloidal silver. Another thing that helps against candida/fungus/and bacteria infections of the gut is grapefruit seed extract. Uva ursi is also good against various intrasigent bacteria, plus its very healing for the urinary tract and kidneys.

If your tummy feels tender after eating, its also a good idea to take marshmallow root capsules to reduce inflammation and create a soothing, healing effect. I use nattokinase to reduce inflammation and scar tissue in the gut as well as elsewhere. It also cleans out the vascular system and creates better blood flow. Don't use it if you are a bleeder however unless you also take vitamin K.

I have noticed that dysbiosis caused by candida overgrowth, fungi or bacteria seem to be common amongst those who have celiac or severe gluten intolerance. Its likely due to the fact the gluten already disrupted the gut flora from the damage to the villi. Its then easy to react or become sensitive to a whole lot of foods since undigested proteins from the leaky gut go into your bloodstream. And meanwhile the gut itself becomes prime territory for opportunistic candida overgrowth etc.

In the meantime you look and feel ill and modern day docs tend to prescribe antibiotics willy nilly when in doubt as to the cause of your distress. So put that together and you often get a mess. Including sometimes getting overgrowth of mutated bacteria that the antibiotics don't/can't kill. Part of the reason for this is that its often hard to bounce back from the antibiotics without taking enterically coated pro-biotics and doing a bunch of stuff to heal the inflammation, which of course includes being off all gluten.

Does any of this make sense to you?? It took me a while to figure it out. I hope it helps save you some time on your road to recovery.

Archived