Sunny101

Hello From Alberta!

Rate this topic

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd give a quick introduction of myself. I didn't see a part of the forum that was designated for that, so I hope its okay that I am doing it here.

Anyways, I'm Sunny, from Alberta Canada. I have not actually been diagnosed with Celiac, but have been off gluten (and dairy) for just over a year now. I have discussed celiac with my doctor, and he seems to think that we don't need to confirm it. I find this frustrating, as I am not sure I am getting proper nutrients. Since being off gluten and dairy I have been feeling a lot better, but do have some concerns regarding my health.

Hello! I'm from Alberta too! Where abouts are you?

I was diagnosed a few years ago but finally realizing the importance of a gluten free diet as my hubby and i are trying to concieve our first!

Hello!

We are also in Alberta. My Husband is Gluten-free due to severe skin reaction (eczema).

I am not gluten free but did cut any bleached or enriched flour due to migraines.

I recently found out there is an issue with lotions as well and that they can have gluten in them. Due to his skin we are always looking for something new to try for the longest time all we have used is Aveeno with oatmeal. Guess that wasnt a great choice.

We also use A535 for muscle pain as he is a delivery driver.

Any suggestions on what to switch Aveeno for?

and if we need to switch A535?

Always looking for new recipes and am looking forward to having some help with this new diet and lifestyle!

Thanx

Jackie & Nick Manning

Greetings from a fellow Albertan! I have celiac disease and as a MAJOR foodie sometimes find it tough but it can be done. For recipe ideas look in that forum - we post what we have for dinner and there are also some awesome recipes! If you want more ideas PM me - my culinary library is massive and I do tons of scratch cooking and baking. :D