nik95670

Bms- Sorry If It's Tmi!

Rate this topic

When I went gluten free my bowel movements completely changed but I was glad for any change at all! Now. A month into it I am concerned of whether it's healthy or not. I go every day now & no stomach cramping at all which is a miracle after 20+ years of misery... But the gluten free diet has caused my bms to be somewhat like mud & very hard to flush. I thought this was because of the lack of bread to kinda hold it all together but I'm concerned if it's healthy to have to flush multiple times. As if I wasn't already phobic of using the pot anywhere other than home!!

Use pancreatic enzymes with every meal, they will help your intestine to digest fat. Also, fiber is a good thing to add, when gluten is removed from your diet. I'm sure everything will get normal after a while, but after 20 years of misery your intestine must adjust to your new healthy diet.

I know it's hard to talk about, but I'm not exactly sure of the nature of the new issue. But, if you have a medical professional you see regularly who knows about celiac, ask him or her. And one month is still kind of early. If I were you, I might do a little bit of Internet research, talk to my knowledgeable med pro, and wait a bit more.