Rate this topic

I need ideas for snacks that I can throw into the daiper bag (that don't need to be kept cold) for a 15 month old that are gluten, soy, and milk (lactose) free. I realized that his favorite gluten-free cookies may contain traces of soy. He doesn't chew his food very well so things like some raw fruits and veggies wouldn't really work. He also doesn't digest things that have a skin on them (like mandarin oranges, raisins, peas, green beans, corn, brown rice, quinoa...and so on). So I'm trying to find things he can chew that he will also digest!

My 14 mo old LOVES welches fruit snacks, I'm pretty sure they would fit your criteria. They are pretty soft and easy for her to chew (supervised).

My youngest is 18 months old and my other daughter almost 5, but I have to keep food for all of us when we go somewhere. I always try to keep rice cakes in my purse (one of the store brand ones around us is safe but not all Quaker ones are so you could check that and sometimes I have a container of peanut butter for them too). I also carry a Larabar for the girls, alot of the bars are gluten dairy and soy free. I have made dried fruit to bring with us before and also homemade chips (potato or tortilla). If you are careful and in a pinch a cereal like Rice Chex can work. Those are my primary ones to bring for my family but if I think of something else I will post it.

Enjoy life bars and cookies

Chex cereal or other gluten-free cereals (Glutino makes a gluten-free "cheerioes")

Gluten free pretzels (EnerG makes one that doesn't have soy)

Betty crocker fruit snacks

applesauce cups

jello cups

rice cakes with peanut butter

bananas

Pamelas ginger snaps