samie

Girls Blood Tested Positive

Rate this topic

My 2 girls blood tested positive one of them already has diabetes to. They will get a biopsy on the 25 of this month at the childrens hospital. I was diagnosed with it about six months ago but think i have had it most of my life.

Hi,

My daughter tested positive with bloods last month and biopsy today. My hubby and I are neg and my boys were just tested with bloods on Wed.

[How old are your girls? And what are thier symptoms? I chose not to have the endoscopy for my 2 teens. There is a high possibility of a false negative plus this notion that the endoscopy is the "gold standard" just makes me wanna scream. It makes no sense. I researched it & read alot before I decided to decline. After what I've learned it is archaic if you ask me. However for those lucky few who actually show positive I guess thats what is keeping this insane practice going. Just my biased & humble opinion. You do what you think is best for your girls. just please research thoroughly. Best of luck 2 u all!/size]

[How old are your girls? And what are thier symptoms? I chose not to have the endoscopy for my 2 teens. There is a high possibility of a false negative plus this notion that the endoscopy is the "gold standard" just makes me wanna scream. It makes no sense. I researched it & read alot before I decided to decline. After what I've learned it is archaic if you ask me. However for those lucky few who actually show positive I guess thats what is keeping this insane practice going. Just my biased & humble opinion. You do what you think is best for your girls. just please research thoroughly. Best of luck 2 u all!/size]

I have two boys. My 6.5 year old tested positive for Iga ttg last Nov. I did not have him scoped/biopsied based on his positive blood test only and my celiac diagnosis. However, my 10.5 year old has tested negative on blood work three times now, His new allergist thinks he has celiac or gluten intolerance anyway. We have a GI consult the end of this month and I am going to get him scoped/biopsy. Obviously if he is positive then he will be gluten free for good. If negative I am going to do at least a three month trial and reevaluate. As for myself I wanted the scope. Not only did I want to get the biopsy done but wanted to rule out other things as well. I had another scope done 1.5 years after diagnosis. It wasn't to look at celiac (I did have biopsies redone to recheck it though) but it was because I had developed new symptoms. I found out I had developed an ulcer.

My 2 girls blood tested positive one of them already has diabetes to. They will get a biopsy on the 25 of this month at the childrens hospital. I was diagnosed with it about six months ago but think i have had it most of my life.

I would put them gluten free regardless of the biopsy results since they both were positive on blood work and with you already diagnosed. I'm hoping to get my oldest son scheduled for a scope next month. He has a GI consult the end of this month. My youngest is already gluten free as am I so it is likely we will add another to the lot.

My girls are 3 and 4. The 4 yr old has had problems with constipation most of her life. She also has a speech delay. I dont know if it is related to celiac. Also has been a lot more irritable lately. She also has type 1 diabetes. The 3 yr old has had blood in her stool sometimes and complains about her tummy hurting. She used to constantly throw up when she was young doctor said it probaly was acid reflux. It went away for over a year and now she has been doing it again but not as bad. She also had to be on iron for a little while when she was one cause she was anemic. and thanks for the advice.

Also my 3 yr old has ezcema. I dont know if its related to it or not.

Also my 3 yr old has ezcema. I dont know if its related to it or not.

It may well be. I have skin problems that clear up on a gluten free diet. I cannot tolerate lactose either and that seems to set my skin itching for some reason.