This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Just Got Fecal Test Report Back, I'm Allergic To Everything?

vawksel

vawksel Rookie

Hello All,

I understand the IgA fecal test will show food intolerance 'allergies', not like IgE peanut allergy where you have breathing difficulties, etc.

So, I'm "allergic" to: Gluten, Caesin, Egg, Soy, Corn, Walnut, Almond, Oats, Rice, Potatoes (possibly all nightshades)...

So, the question is, am I just experiencing leaky gut, and once my gut heals, I will not be taxing my immune system to eat things like RICE or does this mean I should avoid all these at all costs? It seems like I would be allergic to anything I am tested for.

I've been gluten and caesin free for 2 months, and I feel soo much better. My head is clearer, my thoughts are clearer. I am less emotional. I am more in control. Even when I am sick, I don't take it out on my family like I used to. So i know that this diet change is working. Now I'm wondering how far to take it. I don't need potatoes, but losing tomatoes, and eggplant, that hurts...

Then again, maybe this is all okay, and if my gut heals, I'll be fine. I just dont know how it works.

Here is my lab report:

---

Date: 7/7/2011

A) Gluten/Antigenic Food Sensitivity Stool Panel Limited

Fecal Anti-gliadin IgA 162 Units (Normal Range is less than 10 Units)

Fecal Anti-casein (cow

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Oscar Apprentice

Has anyone ever had a negative result from Enterolab? Just asking.

vawksel Rookie

My wife was negative for Rice and Oats... but that's it.

Maybe now that I've spent all this money from Entero, I should go to my doc and see whats up.

psawyer Proficient

Oscar is a bit of a cynic. Yes, do talk to your doctor. Enterolab has been the topic of many lively discussions here and remains a controversial subject.

kareng Grand Master

This is purely my opinion based on unscientific feelings. I met the Enterolab doc. I was excited to hear from him. Saw him speak. Left at the intermission. He was a bit too slick for my tastes. I never felt he gave us enough info to understand the way the tests work. I think there is something to testing poop. It is what our body is rejecting. I would take the results with a grain of salt as the saying goes. Use them as a starting or place to start a trial.

ravenwoodglass Mentor

If you haven't had a celiac panel run by your doctor you may want to do so before starting the diet. If you want to have an endo don't start gluten free until that test is done. Do keep in mind that false negatives are common with both those tests though so after that testing do give the gluten free diet a good strict try for at least a couple of months to see if it helps. You may find your reactions to other foods calms down after you have been gluten free for a bit.

I was allergic to almost everything the doctor tested for prediagnosis. I showed reactions to 98 out of 99 things tested for. After a few months on the diet most of the other reactive items were safe for me. My allergist said that my system was in 'hyperdrive' when he did the first tests because of my celiac and that once my body healed from the celiac damage it was then not reacting to the other substances.

Korwyn Explorer

Yes. As I've said before though that is a question with no statistically valid answer since the population sample is self selecting with a bias towards positive results.

Oscar is a bit of a cynic. Yes, do talk to your doctor. Enterolab has been the topic of many lively discussions here and remains a controversial subject.

Well he lives in a trash can! That would make anybody cynical since all you'd ever see is the world's garbage, never any of the good stuff. We should all chip in and buy him one of those new anti-bacterial UV sterilizing touchless kitchen garbage cans. :rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GFinDC Veteran

Well he lives in a trash can! That would make anybody cynical since all you'd ever see is the world's garbage, never any of the good stuff. We should all chip in and buy him one of those new anti-bacterial UV sterilizing touchless kitchen garbage cans. :rolleyes:

I don't know if I want to chip in a for a big fancy new garbage can, but I'd go for spraying him with a big can of Lysol disinfectant anytime. Lemon scent would be helpful! :blink:B):P

Archived