Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sammyj

1St Day Gluten Free Tomorrow

I have been cutting back, but now have started much effort to avoid all gluten. So Friday, 8 July 2011, will be my first day gluten free.

The hardest thing to give up has been chocolate! Can I do this? I'm sure going to try.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have been cutting back, but now have started much effort to avoid all gluten. So Friday, 8 July 2011, will be my first day gluten free.

The hardest thing to give up has been chocolate! Can I do this? I'm sure going to try.

Why so you have to give up chocolate?

I have been gluten-free for six months now and still go through times where I want gluten foods but I avoid them cause I know what will happen afterwards and the damage it will do. Getting better though.

Keep sticking with it - well worth the effort. I was wheat free from last September and gluten free since 6th May (except for 4 days when G.P. asked me to go back on gluten. It gets easier and now I'm finding it second nature. The improvement in my health keeps me going when I smell fresh produce in a bakery!! That was the one good thing about the four days back on gluten - whereas I'd really been missing some things, I felt so bad for those four days that now you couldn't pay me to eat them!