samie

Up All Night With Child

Rate this topic

My 3 yr old has been having stomach pain all night long and isn't sleeping much cause of it. I think it could be celiac related but am not sure. She has had this happen a some other times but don't know what to do for it. Just came back after her throwing up. Want to find something that would help her.

Have you looked into reflux? All of my kids have had reflux issues before, particularly my oldest. Her reflux was so bad that at one point she was throwing up six or more times a night. There are over the counter reflux medications that can be crushed up and given to children (and there are some liquids that are prescription). I started sleeping in her room and finally realized it was reflux after hearing gurgling in her throat (while she was asleep) right before she threw up.

Because of her age, you may want to ask your pediatrician (and you might be able to call the office and ask the nurse rather than making an appointment) for dosage.

Good luck, I hope you figure things out.

She used to through up all the time when she was a baby until she was a year and half old which doctor said was problaly reflux. Then it went away for the past year and a half. But this time the worst has been her stomach hurting. She was crying for some medicine ealrier cause it was hurting alot.

Could she be constipated? My daughter gets bad tummy pains and she is still constipated despite her laxatives.