Kelleybean

gluten-free Crackers

Rate this topic

Hi -

I was looking for some gluten free crackers for my son. He really liked the Ritz crackers - anything like that which would make a good base for cheese or peanut butter? He does eat the Nut Thins but I was hoping for something a little less "ricey" and looking a little more like a traditional cracker.

Crunchmaster crackers are great and come in different flavors. Also, you can find them at Safeway and usually Costco, too. At Safeway, they're just in the regular cracker aisle (probably because people like them regardless of whether they contain gluten or not), and they're inexpensive ($1.99 - $2.99). At celiac conferences, attendees rave about them.

Anyone know any crackers that are Saltine or Ritz like and that are soy free too? We have Glutino but they have soy lecithin.

The Glutino cheese crackers to me are the most like Ritz. I used to be a Ritz addict, so I was delighted to find something similar. As for plain crackers, try Schar's table crackers. I don't know about the soy since I can eat that.

The gluten free on a shoestring blog just posted a gluten-free ritz knock off today. She read my mind!

Schar are good. Not sure if they have soy lecithin or not.