cdmom1

Kellogg's Gluten Free Rice Krispies

Rate this topic

We tried the gluten-free Rice Krispies today. My son loved them! He thought they tasted very similar to the original ones. I tried them and thought they were a little drier and not quite as sweet (guessing due to the malt being removed?). Overall, not bad, and they still snap, crackle and pop!

they still snap, crackle and pop!

Can't ask for much better! :D I made RC Treats and they were gone in five minutes...all gluten eaters...and all over the age of 27 :rolleyes:

I would love to make RC squares ... what marshmallows are safe?

I would love to make RC squares ... what marshmallows are safe?

Probably a lot of them are safe. Personally I buy Kraft and they're exceptionally good at labeling for all their products.

Most of the time I use Kraft and I have not had any issues. Campfire marshmallows are gluten free also. If you have an Aldi's around you I found a store brand there that was labled gluten free also.

Kraft.

Also, around Passover you can find kosher, gluten free marshmallows in the specialty foods aisles of some supermarkets.

Instant rice treat: take a rice cake and put some marshmallow halves on it, then microwave a few seconds, but not for long, just til they start to puff up. ;) You can put cinnamon on the ricecake. Who needs graham crackers.

I know some people don't like generalizations, but I've yet to find a marshmallow that isn't gluten-free.

richard