CarolinaKip

Jury Duty..what To Bring?

Rate this topic

I may have jury duty this week, crossing fingers I won't be called. I know the jury room has a fridge, but I don't want my open food containers around all those people. Especially if I'm out of the jury room. For some reason that bothers me. So, some ideas on what to take that I can keep in my pocetbook? For some reason I'm drawing a blank because I need to be gluten-free, corn free, nut free and soy free. I've thought of some kettle chips and fruit. I also don't eat preservatives when I can help it. I've done jello okay in the past. The cocoa pebble bars bother me that I once kept in my pocketbook. Thanks

Raisins, apples, maybe some sunflower seed butter to go on the apples. I keep a lot more in my purse, but I don't need to be nut free. That's hard!

They have cute little lunch bags that look like a purse with a small gel pack inside to keep things fresh.or carry a bigger purse & make your own lunch bag inside the purse. Cheese , crackers, jerky, protein bars( comfort bars are wondeful!!!. fruit packs,veggie sticks , pretzels...I need protein sochipswould not carry me through the day... Wouldn't tthey give a break for lunch if you were there all day? I also have put a salad in a bag.....

hth

They will give me a lunch break, but it's such a hassle to go back to the car and go home. It would take about 30 minutes to do that. Thanks for the suggestions, I have two more days to think on it.

What about Enjoy Life bars? They are free of the top 8 allergens and I don't think they have corn either. They also make a nut free trail mix: http://www.enjoylifefoods.com/our_foods/trail_mixes/beach_bash.html

I have not seen their trail mix in my area but it seems like you could easily make your own mix from the same things they use--Dried pineapple, crasins, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, raisins, etc. I would add shredded coconut and maybe some mini chocolate chips too (Enjoy Life makes them soy and dairy free) if it's not going to be hot.

I had jury duty last month. I brought some water, fruit, homemade trail mix, a hard boiled egg, and some gluten-free pasta in a tupperware-type container. It lasted me all day and thankfully after that my jury service was done! :D

Melika