Katrala

Fruity Pebbles Treats

Rate this topic

With the gluten-free Rice Krispies coming out I was excited to make Rice Krispy treats and did so the first day.

While they weren't bad, they were a little less crisp than what I remembered and my husband suggested just making Fruity Pebbles treats instead.

I used the same recipe as for Rice Krispies, but just substituted Fruity Pebbles instead. As a bonus, my kids and I melted 2 chocolate bars and spread them on top, then stuck in the freezer to allow them to completely set.

They turned out really well! My kids said that the 2nd day they tasted even better than they originally had. We'll be making them again soon!

With the gluten-free Rice Krispies coming out I was excited to make Rice Krispy treats and did so the first day.

While they weren't bad, they were a little less crisp than what I remembered and my husband suggested just making Fruity Pebbles treats instead.

I used the same recipe as for Rice Krispies, but just substituted Fruity Pebbles instead. As a bonus, my kids and I melted 2 chocolate bars and spread them on top, then stuck in the freezer to allow them to completely set.

They turned out really well! My kids said that the 2nd day they tasted even better than they originally had. We'll be making them again soon!

Thanks for posting. I will have to try that. It might be a good pitch in (pot luck) dessert idea, too. Don't imagine they would freeze very well.

Funny thing is that I love cocoa pebbles and my boys like the fruity pebbles. We have made both into bars and noone likes them. Weird.

Funny thing is that I love cocoa pebbles and my boys like the fruity pebbles. We have made both into bars and noone likes them. Weird.

Were there any left the second day? Katrala said hers tasted better the second day.

Were there any left the second day? Katrala said hers tasted better the second day.

No we threw all the rest away since everyone hated them. We will buy the Kraft strawberry and chocolate/vanilla swirl marshmallows and use plain gluten free crispy rice cereal (now we can use the new gluten free Rice Krispies :) ) and make flavored treats that way. We love them that way.

Both of my kids said they were softer the 2nd day.

Of course, ours were also under a layer of milk chocolate, which can make anything taste good. =)