kledford

Publix Granola Bark Gluten Free

Rate this topic

i just bought some Publix Granola Bark and the ingredients don't list any Gluten and I don't get reactions from ingesting wheat or gluten but i am wondering if anyone knows if this granola bark is gluten free.....

i just bought some Publix Granola Bark and the ingredients don't list any Gluten and I don't get reactions from ingesting wheat or gluten but i am wondering if anyone knows if this granola bark is gluten free.....

Does it have oats in it? If so and it's not marked gluten-free, it would be suspect. Cross-contamination is a huge problem for oats from growing, harvesting, transporting and manufacturing. No Publix stores around me...

Ingredients are florenta (sugar, gkucose syrup), vegetable oil (sunflower oil), honey, soy lecithin, cream, natural flavor, chocolate chips-sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, milk fat, soy lecithin, vanillin (artificial flavoring) pecans, raisins, oats, sliced and whole almonds dried cranberries, sugar, sunflower seeds(roasted sunflower kernels, sunflower oil or cottonseed oil, salt, pumpkn seeds and sesame seeds.

Alletggen info: contains soy, milk, almonds and pecan ingredients.

So are oats not considered an allergan? It is not marked gluten free. It is made at public in the store. I am new to gluten-free and stay very very confused!!!!!!!

Things can be gluten-free & not labelled gluten-free. However, unless they specify gluten-free oats, it would be considered not gluten-free. Oats are very likely to be contaminated with wheat. Harvesting and storage use the same machines as wheat. Even oat companies will tell you they are not gluten-free. Also, people who are new to the gluten-free diet are told not to eat even gluten-free oats. About 10% of the people have a reaction to gluten-free oats that is the same as wheat.

So - No. This product is not gluten free.