killernj13

Long Beach Island Nj - gluten-free Options

Rate this topic

Have been noticing a lot more gluten-free options on LBI. I have not tried all of them or can attest to the cross contamination possibilites so please question on your own. Here are some I have read seen:

Pangaea Naturals Health Food Market - RT 72 Health food store with plenty of gluten-free items including breads, pastas, cereals and frozen items.

Greenhouse Cafe - Surf City - gluten-free pizza gluten-free rolls for breakfast sandwiches etc (had both and enjoyed them)

Boulevard Clams - Surf City - gluten-free Crab cakes - very good but expensive as I ordered them cooked. $20 for two crab cakes with two sides. (Potato salad is not gluten-free - they told me) - they also sell them in the fish market and you can cook them at home I assume they are cheaper.

Panzones Pizza - Beach Haven location - gluten-free pizza - had it and it was good

Calabria Ristorante Beach Haven - gluten-free pizza and pasta never tried it

Buckalews - Lists gluten-free options available on their online menu and advertisment - have not been there so I am not sure what they specifically offer. I beleive they have Red Bridge

Plantation Restaurant - Harvey Cedars - I beleive at one time they listed gluten-free options on their menu not sure if they still do. Never been there.

Places that offer Red Bridge Beer:

Callahans - Surf City at the bar

Gateway - Ship Bottom at the bar and liquor store

Kubels Too - at the bar

Buy Rite Liquors - Rt 72 East

Shell Liquors - Ship Bottom

Terrace Tavern - had it in the past not sure if they still do.

Have been noticing a lot more gluten-free options on LBI. I have not tried all of them or can attest to the cross contamination possibilites so please question on your own. Here are some I have read seen:

Pangaea Naturals Health Food Market - RT 72 Health food store with plenty of gluten-free items including breads, pastas, cereals and frozen items.

Greenhouse Cafe - Surf City - gluten-free pizza gluten-free rolls for breakfast sandwiches etc (had both and enjoyed them)

Boulevard Clams - Surf City - gluten-free Crab cakes - very good but expensive as I ordered them cooked. $20 for two crab cakes with two sides. (Potato salad is not gluten-free - they told me) - they also sell them in the fish market and you can cook them at home I assume they are cheaper.

Panzones Pizza - Beach Haven location - gluten-free pizza - had it and it was good

Buckalews - Lists gluten-free options available on their online menu and advertisment - have not been there so I am not sure what they specifically offer. I beleive they have Red Bridge

Plantation Restaurant - Harvey Cedars - I beleive at one time they listed gluten-free options on their menu not sure if they still do. Never been there.

Kubels Too - at the bar

o my gosh! when i was a kid we spent every summer in manahawkin (bch haven west) you just brought back a million memories - thanx :) loveladies had the most awesome ice cream place. we used to cram into my gramma's old stationwagon lol highly illegal nowadays!

heading to nj at the end of this week, but probably will not make it to the shore :(

you don't know anyplace good in north jersey - jefferson, vernon, sparta, hopatcong - that has gluten-free food? my sister saw a place on the internet in hackettstown like an hour from where she lives (sparta) this is the first year i'm not gonna eat pizza every day - boo......

Sussex County is a little far from where I am so I am not familiar with the area. I see one online - Little Anthony's Pizza in Vernon. There are plenty of websites that could help you out.

thank you - i saw that on the glutenfreenj site :) my sister is checking a place in oak ridge that is supposed to have gluten-free pizza. she is seeing how vigilant they are about cross contamination. i'm crossing my fingers!

wish i was going to LBI! barnegat lighthouse is where i first discovered i was deathly afraid of heights lol you used to be able to climb to the top :)

I just finished a delicious meal at Buckalews. The menu was clearly marked and the food was fresh and inspiring. I ordered the scallops in a lima bean and corn succatash. It was flavorful and creamy. Our waitress was Jane and she was well informed and friendly- I will ask for her again. I will be back there for sure.

Kubels Too - at the bar

well, on our trip to north jersey this year, i finally got up the nerve to try that place in hackettstown: it is called 'mama's & cafe baci' - i was in absolute heaven!!! like a 12 page menu + beverages + take home section with sauces and RAVIOLI (not to mention desserts!!!!) yayyyy!! :)