LexingtonStudent23

Student Cooking With Celiac

Rate this topic

Hello all!

I am a student living for the summer in a residence hall. Though I have never had a positive diagnosis for Celiac, I have displayed many of the symptoms and come from a family where my sister, mother, uncle and grandmother all are diagnosed with Celiac.

Given my "negative" results, for ease of living I have followed a non-gluten-free diet, i.e. pasta and sandwiches are the name of the game; however, I have found that I perform best in academics (and life in general) when I am on the gluten-free diet that I eat at home.

I am taking the MCAT in about 3 weeks, and want to pursue a gluten-free diet during this time to hopefully give me any slight edge or clear mind that a gluten-free diet can give me; even if solely for a little confidence bump :).

ANY and all relatively easy gluten-free recipes are welcomed!! Please help me find something with which to replace my pb/j sandwiches in the coming weeks that won't be too difficult to whip up in my res hall kitchen!

Thanks to all,

Student

Hello all!

I am a student living for the summer in a residence hall. Though I have never had a positive diagnosis for Celiac, I have displayed many of the symptoms and come from a family where my sister, mother, uncle and grandmother all are diagnosed with Celiac.

Given my "negative" results, for ease of living I have followed a non-gluten-free diet, i.e. pasta and sandwiches are the name of the game; however, I have found that I perform best in academics (and life in general) when I am on the gluten-free diet that I eat at home.

I am taking the MCAT in about 3 weeks, and want to pursue a gluten-free diet during this time to hopefully give me any slight edge or clear mind that a gluten-free diet can give me; even if solely for a little confidence bump :).

ANY and all relatively easy gluten-free recipes are welcomed!! Please help me find something with which to replace my pb/j sandwiches in the coming weeks that won't be too difficult to whip up in my res hall kitchen!

Thanks to all,

Student

Good luck with the MCAT! My son is taking that next year.

How about gluten-free versions of what you eat now? Rudi's or Udi's gluten-free bread is pretty good. Most PB/j are gluten free.

For other ideas:

Tuna salad with mayo or other dressing, plus lettuce, tomatoes, hard boiled eggs.

Grilled cheese or grilled cheese with lunch meat in between the cheese slices.

Rice or other gluten-free pasta with pre-cooked gluten-free sausages (read label) and Classico or Newman's Own pasta sauce

Hormel chili on a hot dog with a Udi's hot-dog bun. Add cheese on top.

"Baked" potato (nuked in microwave) with chili on top.

Scrambled eggs, veggies for lunch or dinner -add hash browns (Ore-ida was gluten-free last time i checked) and cut up ham.

Asian stir fry - try pre-cooked chicken strips, veggies, gluten-free teriaki sauce (SanJ is a good brand) over pre-cooked rice (in the frozen section or pre-cooked in the rice isle of the supermarket).