milkmommy

Gluten Alert I Baby Cereal

Rate this topic

Thanks for the info. I was just thinking today that I have felt CC'ed lately and I think it is from testing my daughter's cereal to make sure it isn't too hot. I just started her on it 10 days ago and she has been extremely gassy. I am looking for something else that is gluten free and soy free now. I could make my own, but the boxed stuff seems so convenient when everything else related to food in my life is not.

Hi all

Just wanted to let everyone know there has been an alert put out against Healthy Times brand Brown Rice Cereal for Baby. It has unclaimed gluten in it!!!

Here is the link if you are curious

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/corpaffr/recarapp/2011/20110712e.shtml

Thanks for the info. I was just thinking today that I have felt CC'ed lately and I think it is from testing my daughter's cereal to make sure it isn't too hot. I just started her on it 10 days ago and she has been extremely gassy. I am looking for something else that is gluten free and soy free now. I could make my own, but the boxed stuff seems so convenient when everything else related to food in my life is not.

I would strongly encourage you to try making her food, and possibly avoiding grains (especially one as refined and blood-sugar imbalancing as rice cereal) for early foods. Babies just don't need it! We started with sweet potatoes (we did baby-led weaning, so we didn't even do purees), but you could start with just about anything you think she could handle.