Rate this topic

So.... I needed to get my children tested, so I went with Entrolab. According to entrolab, both children are gluten sensitive (is that the same thing as gluten intolerant). My older son has borderline issues with casein and.... I had no clue.... is allergic to eggs. He didn't have a rash or swelling or anything when he ate eggs, so I had no idea he shouldn't eat it.

Who else has the no egg problem? Does this mean no omlets or does this mean no pancakes with egg mixed into the batter?

No eggs. No omelettes, quiche or any basic egg based meals.

Cherrybrook Kitchen has a nice pancake mix (gluten, egg, and casein free).

I love the cookbook, The Allergen-Free Baker's Handbook How to Bake without, Gluten, Wheat, Dairy, Eggs, Soy, Peanuts, Tree nuts, and Sesame, by Cybele Pascal. People who have NO diet restrictions have loved the cakes and baked goods I have made from these recipes. It works well when we hang out with other allergen restricted friends too.

It's easy to sub eggs in most dishes that are not primarily made of egg. Go buy some flax meal and egg replacer and you'll be all set. From what I understand, after you eliminate eggs for a few months along with gluten, your gut may heal to the point you can then try adding them back in.

It's not as difficult as it first seems, unless you're a super egg lover (scrambled, boiled, etc.). I use Ener-G egg replacer in all baked goods with great success. Also, I second The Allergen-Free Baker's Handbook by Cybele Pascal. The recipes are awesome and it is my go-to dessert book. As far as subbing milk, that's super easy. I've used different types and I like different kinds for different purposes but for cereal I like Hemp Milk Original Unsweetened. Good luck!

have a daughter who has anphylactic egg and milk allergies. when baking we use apple sauce instead of eggs, usually a heaped tablespoon per egg, or use banana. egg replacers arent that bad, but when baking we pefer to use apple sauce. substitute milk with unsweetened soy milk

we also use daiya cheese, and tofutti cream cheese and sour cream, and we found a great vegenaise, natures best i think its called, but most big chainns have their own brand now, all are egg, casein and gluten free.and in my husbands opinion taste better than the real stuff!!!