Menic

Office K-Cup Maker

Rate this topic

I didn't really think about it, but I use the office group's Keurig coffee maker quite a lot. This morning I started having stomach issues around 10-11 AM, after my normal cup of coffee. Could the machine be getting me with cross contamination? I know most K-cups are gluten-free but not all of them, and I guess I don't know who in the office is drinking what.

I think I just answered my own question, but does anyone else have the same problem?

We have that at work also, so far I haven't had any cramps etc.

I have one at home! My wife bought it for my birthday. I think that I am the only coffee drinker in my office and I only buy the Starbucks VIA instants. Keeps me pretty isolated I guess. ;)

Later,

Ray

I go to a friend's house once a week and have tea made in her K-cup machine. So far I haven't had any reaction from it.

I have 2 Keurig machines - one at home and one at work. The little black "cup" that you drop the K-cup into comes out for cleaning. To get it out you have to stick one finger up where the coffee drips out and give a little push - the black "cup" will pop up and you can take it over to a sink and give it a rinse.

If you need to really wash it I suggest putting it in a dishwasher. If you have to really get into the nooks and crannies manually you can twist the "cup" apart into its bottom and top halves but you risk breaking it (oh yeah, been there) which would not make you popular at the office.

I have 2 Keurig machines - one at home and one at work. The little black "cup" that you drop the K-cup into comes out for cleaning. To get it out you have to stick one finger up where the coffee drips out and give a little push - the black "cup" will pop up and you can take it over to a sink and give it a rinse.

If you need to really wash it I suggest putting it in a dishwasher. If you have to really get into the nooks and crannies manually you can twist the "cup" apart into its bottom and top halves but you risk breaking it (oh yeah, been there) which would not make you popular at the office.

This makes me think you could get a replaement part. Right? So someone in an office could buy the replacement little black cup and use it for thier own K-cup. Take it out & put the office one back in. Keep it in thier desk.