Mizzo

Anyones Child In A 4H Club Or Similar

Rate this topic

My DD wants to goto a camp at 4H club. I figure all the feed has some type of gluten in it and maybe a bit of it floating in the air when you dig into the bag or containers.

I figured wearing gloves would work to cover her hands with explicit hand washing instructions but what about the air safety?

I wouldn't consider this but , she wants a rabbit and we are sending her because she will mostly be taking care of bunnies for the week and learning how to care for them, feed them, clip nails etc...

It's a SMALL barn with about 25 rabbits and a few outside calfs,goats, ducks and chickens. We have chickens so she knows she has to wash after feeding but she only throws 1 scoop of feed out for them, I honestly don't know how much she would be handling there it could be more like a qallon of food over different animal pens.

Anyways, are there any celiac kids in a 4H or have a farm with this type of experience ?

Please let me know

Thanks.

I had a rabbit but never fed him wheat. I don't think they are supposed to eat that. Check out what they feed them. Maybe it isn't so bad? I would be more worried about what they are feeding her (if its the sleepover type camp).

Maybe other folks' experience will help you some but there's just no way to tell about your specific camp without talking to the folks who run it. 4-H camps aren't all the same.

Personally, I would not be worried in the least about what's in the air.

richard

Just looked up a brand of bunny food & it does have wheat in it. Its pellets so it won't be flying around in the air.