sleer

Chicken Vesuvio And Glutening

Rate this topic

I am new to being gluten free since I was only recently diagnosed and I feel like I'm still learning. We were out to dinner with a group of people this weekend at an Italian restaurant. They did not have a gluten free pasta option but I explained my problem and they offered the chicken vesuvio. I was hesitant because I know sometimes flour is used. They assured me no flour. However, I was soon having symptoms that I have associated with the gluten. I had bloating, gas, D, etc. The next morning I woke up with extreme fatigue, and I've become achy as this progressed. I'm pretty sure they took the flour out of the recipe but I'm wondering if there would be another ingredient in chicken vesuvio that could be causing the symptoms? I've been having an awful hard time stringing more than two weeks together where I haven't made a mistake on eating gluten although I think I'm getting better at asking the questions.

While most recipes dont have flour in vesuvio, some can use it as a thickener for chicken broth. There might be something in the brother itself if its canned -- Also depends on the restaurant and cross contamination issues. For me, I usually stick to salads especially if its an Italian place. too much chance for contamination and Im very sensitive.

I am new to being gluten free since I was only recently diagnosed and I feel like I'm still learning. We were out to dinner with a group of people this weekend at an Italian restaurant. They did not have a gluten free pasta option but I explained my problem and they offered the chicken vesuvio. I was hesitant because I know sometimes flour is used. They assured me no flour. However, I was soon having symptoms that I have associated with the gluten. I had bloating, gas, D, etc. The next morning I woke up with extreme fatigue, and I've become achy as this progressed. I'm pretty sure they took the flour out of the recipe but I'm wondering if there would be another ingredient in chicken vesuvio that could be causing the symptoms? I've been having an awful hard time stringing more than two weeks together where I haven't made a mistake on eating gluten although I think I'm getting better at asking the questions.